CommonApp Short Answer- Korea in Ecuador

corniuni 1 / 1  
This is for the CommonApp Short Response.

Amarilis contacted me via Facebook and explained her passion for learning Korean. The Ecuadorian girl was devotedly in love with Korean dramas and songs, and her sole goal was to be able to understand the language she heard every day on the computer. I knew by news that some Latin Americans were avid fans of Korean TV shows and music, but I was amazed when I realized that someone close was one of them. I thought it was just wonderful! When I moved to Ecuador at age 9, all Asians were simply called "Chinos" or Chinese because of our linear eyes; to Ecuadorians, Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans were just the same. However, with the recent Korean Wave, people started to recognize my homeland, and with Amarilis I could physically feel the increased interest. So proud and so eager to share what I have with her, I had to say yes to her request and started my cultural dissemination class. Amarilis was the first step I took to create a 'union set'. Korea U Ecuador.
edenh18 1 / 8  
Devote more than that one sentence to this cultural dissemination class you ended with. I think it's better to elaborate on that and take a little away from all your explaining of how Koreans are perceived in Ecuador. Since this is the short answer, you want to make sure whatever you're saying is received loud & clear

I thoroughly enjoyed your essay though.

If you can, can you please read my Common App essay on my thread? Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / CommonApp Short Answer- Korea in Ecuador