Commonapp_Topic of ur Choice_My School

LilyTran 3 / 8  
This is my personal Statement. Welcome to all comments for ideas as well as grammar errors. iam so appriciate :x.

Today, in a sultry summer day, seeing 10th grade new babe's faces beaming with happiness in their first day in school, I seem to meet myself of three years ago. Naturally, I want to write something about my high school, "Chuyen Ly". However, I find it so difficult as my heart is full of feelings but they are not easy to express. I just know in that place, I began and became what I am today.

Everyone in Vietnam knows "Chuyen Ly" but hardly anyone knows where it is and how it looks like exactly; "Chuyen Ly" always has something simple, plain, and separated from outside. Thus, I decide to introduce my "Chuyen Ly" by showing you around the school, to places where I have spent the most beautiful days of my life.

You are standing in front of the school gate from where I entered an entirely different life three years ago. Outside that magic gate, I was nothing but an undetermined, arrogant, and trivial fifteen-year-old boy. Just liked a normal Joe, all I could think about at that time was a good university with a degree of which I was able to get a high-paid job. I had lived like a machine with its remote control on my parents' hands. They told me this guy was bad; I would not play with him. They believed that thing should be achieved; I would try to do it. Losing or winning had no meaning with me. I did not even have a dream!

But "Chuyen Ly" came, and it changed my life.

Here we are, at "Room 401", group's B classroom, the room of the "losers" as we students usually call. On the desk over there, I often fell asleep in physics classes of my youngest physics teacher. No, do not think of me that bad and lazy, it was just because the lessons were really boring. So, what is group B and who are the losers anyway? My school had a first midterm classification test to divide students into two groups. Group A consisting of 30 top students would be taught more advanced physics programs by leading professors. Other students would form group B, which was taught by young teachers. Ranking in the 64th place, I fell into group B. Day by day, I had to watch group A's students passing the window and studying with famous professors whose names I had just seen on text books. Therefore, my self-esteem was greatly evoked. From an indifferent person, I became an ambitious one who was eager to prove his ability and talent. I turned my previous position into an advantageous one. Being assigned less homework than students in group A, I had more time gaining knowledge on my own. I plunged deeply into studying, craved a win over students who received a better education by defeating me last time. Three months after that, I got the third highest score in the second exam of both groups. It was a sweet victory that I almost cried when I received the award from my principal. I am now not a man who can easily surrender to adversities as I used to. I have known how exciting it is to strive for what I want. I have experienced the great feeling of wining after failing. Hence, whenever people think that I have been out of the play, they should think again.

So, let us go to the opposite side of the corridor, from "Room 401" to "Room 405", the room of the "winners". You can see on this desk a circle making from five letters, mine and four other students' initials; they are my greatest rivals. I caught their first eyes when we met at the orientation meeting. Surprisingly, the way we looked at each other was not for new friends; it was for potential opponents. In fact, we really became competitors later. Being defeated by them was my motivation and defeating them was my goal. No reprehension, no compliment could ever give me that much enthusiasm and determination. In secondary school, I was a lazy boy but my classmates were even lazier. Therefore, like my people often said, an one-eyed man would be the king of the country of the blind; I could stand on the top of my class with just little effort. That little success filled me with satisfaction and arrogance. However, since I met them, I never had a feeling of safety: despite how hard I tried, they were always right behind or even ahead me. These friends taught me an invaluable lesson that "It's a big world and there's a lot to be done". The circle you have seen is not only the symbol of a solid friendship; it also means each of us always has four people ahead to catch up with. I would still be an one-eyed king without them. They are my best friends.

Yes, you certainly can stand on that old teaching platform and take some walks to experience the feeling of being a teacher. Do you notice some funny creaky sounds? For over two years, I have been hearing these sounds. They recall me about my greatest teachers whom I always think of with highest admiration and love. Strong and fast sounds were from my young teacher who was not married yet because:" There is not enough place in my heart for both science and women". Shivering and slow sounds were from my old physics professor, who had Parkinson disease but still came to class weekly at the age of eighty. They loved science and teaching with all their hearts and souls. Growing up under the supervisions of these prominent people, I learned one thing that working was not only earning; it was about passion and enthusiasm. I had to use my heart, not my wisdom, to choose the way for my future. I do not know ever since, the thought of a well-paid job has been swept out of my head. Happily, I now have dreams, crazy ones that I would keep for myself.

"Chuyen Ly" is a very small school. We do not even have a true building; we just have some rooms on 4th floor. In these rooms, day by day, our teachers train students' fledgling brains, inspire them, and shape their dreams. Year by year, generations of students grow up behind this school gate, in the rooms of losers and winners, with an old teaching platform creaking all the time. How many students, like me, have thought of "Chuyen Ly" as a second home?

Once again, I walk around the school yard; there is a strange and cold sadness surged up in my mind. The corridor is not long but perhaps no one can reach the end of it. A wide window and a dream sky, I look for a shape in that space, behind a mottled horizon. In the 4th floor corridor, there lies that most unforgettable thing about "Chuyen Ly". It is a small line:

"From the 4th floor, we fly"

No one knows how long it has been written there.
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Informal much. Long a bit. Idea seems ok. make sure you have a definite topic. one that you make for yourself and focus on. focus on tense and on verb conjugations.
OP LilyTran 3 / 8  
Thank you for ur common :D

Oh, yes, I wrote this essay in free style so I dont know how informal it is.

I am afraid that the admission dont understand what I want to show! I mean, are the ideas clear?

Welcome for comments, plz :D

Thanks in advance!
No need for a semi-colon here:
...how it looks like exactly.

And in this sentence, you should use a semi-colon!
That little success filled me with satisfaction and arrogance. (good sentence!) However, since I met them, I never had a feeling of safety; despite how hard I tried, (they were always right behind or even ahead me----> maybe this part should be revised for clarity )

A colon is for when something that follows was indicated.. like, the following list: A, B, C.

Home / Undergraduate / Commonapp_Topic of ur Choice_My School