"Communications to help people in India and in the world" Ohio State University Essay

helenheidel 2 / 3  
Why Am I interested in Ohio State University:

College is a time where students further their education in order to achieve their future goals. It takes commitment, hard work, and a lot of coffee. Going to college will open many doors for me, and will create opportunities that may change my life. That is why I want to choose the right college for myself.

I understand how lucky I am to have the opportunity to go to college, and I want to go to a college where my knowledge can blossom to its fullest potential. My future goals include using my studies of communications to help people, and with OSU's progressing Communication's program, I am confident that I will achieve those goals. According to the NRC, Ohio State University's school of Communications was recently ranked third overall in the field and is among the elite communications programs. This has made me strongly believe that Ohio State University is the school where I can get the best possible education in communications to strive towards my future goals of publicizing issues such as poverty.

Living in India, I was exposed to scenes of poverty that made my heart yearn to do something to help. Driving home everyday I saw a girl around my age, her emaciated body covered in black dust with flimsy stained rags for clothing. She would carry a baby at her hip and walk from car to car, begging for food underneath the fiery New Delhi sun. Her home was a piece of cardboard, next to piles of rubbish that would carry the pungent stench for miles through the polluted air. I wanted to help, but I didn't know what to do. Later on, as this image was still transfixed in my mind, I realized that I wanted to address problems like this to the public.
College is a time when students further their education in order to achieve their goals for the future.

. According to the NRC, Ohio State University's S chool of Communications was recently ranked third overall in the field, and is among the elite communications programs.

This convinces me that Ohio State University is the school where I can get the best possible education in communications, to strive towards...

Driving home every day I saw a girl around my age, her emaciated...

Home / Undergraduate / "Communications to help people in India and in the world" Ohio State University Essay