'communities to which you belong' University Application: "We are a family!"

tylermk96 3 / 5  
The Prompt: Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it.
The Limit: 250 Words
Current Word Count: 166 Words
My Problem: I'm not sure where I should take this essay. In other words, I'm a little stuck.
My Essay:
"We are a family!" That is the mantra of the Greenway High School subdivision within the Navy JROTC community. My place within this community was simultaneously insignificant and extraordinary because we needed everyone involved to move in the same direction, but we were all just small parts of the entire unit. As a part of the community, I was expected to maintain and uphold the Navy/Marine Corps Values of Honor, Courage and Commitment, as well as to maintain motivation levels and discipline within our ranks. As a part of the family, I took it upon myself to resolve conflicts, welcome new members and, perhaps most importantly, act as a mentor to those who held less experience than I. As a mentor, it was important for me to be able to teach well and remain patient with those who struggled to grasp the concepts that they needed to learn.

If you choose to give me feedback, please provide specific examples if you can. Also, don't be afraid to be cruel with the commentary; I sincerely appreciate any and all feedback that I receive.
Silentlips 3 / 7  
" We are a Family" this is the very slogan used by Greenway High School subdivision within the Navy JROTC community. In this community, I stand at an insignificant and extraordinary point because point of shared by me was to involve everyone in same direction but the irony is I am small part of this community.

Home / Undergraduate / 'communities to which you belong' University Application: "We are a family!"