'Community engagement'-Colby-Supplement Essay Why Colby

maggiez93 2 / 6  
Below is my why Colby essay. I really love Colby very much and I hope I could get in.

I choose Colby because Colby inspires civic engagement.

From the aspect of academics, Colby emphasizes project-based study, which encourages students to tackle real-world problems benefiting the community while study. Colby Environmental Assessment Team Watershed Studies is a great verification of such spirit. I, a future biology student wish to join it, to continue my passion for water protection and safety since my Water Ecology Course and research on heavy metal pollution at Nankai High, and make efforts to improve the world I live in at the same time.

In the case of community service, Colby strongly engages in Maine, the US, even the world. When I read "Colby ranked 8th in the Teach For America program among small colleges and universities" and various volunteer program at Colby's website, I knew Colby is my top choice school. I love mentoring children and being a tutor is one of my life goals. I intern at Student Service Center as a student tutor offering academic support and mental health advice at my high school. I always feel extremely happy when the kids finally got out of trouble with my assist. I earnestly hope to become a mentor in Colby Cares For Children, who not only play with them, but open kids' minds; describe the oriental country I come from; tell them the importance and beauty of culture diverse.

Colby is somewhere I fully engage in the community and somewhere I make my own contribution to the society. It inspires.

I would really appreciate your comments! Thank you so much!
From the aspect of academics, Colby emphasizes project-based study, which encourages students to tackle real-world problems benefiting the community, while they study.

I, as a future biology student wish to join it, to continue my passion for water protection and safety since my Water Ecology Course and research on heavy metal pollution at Nankai High, and to make efforts to improve the world I live in at the same time.

When I read "Colby ranked 8th in the Teach For America program among small colleges and universities" and various volunteer programs at Colby's website, I knew Colby was my top choice for school.

I love mentoring children, and being a tutor is one of my life goals.

I always feel extremely happy when the kids finally get out of trouble with my assist.

Colby is somewhere I fully can engage in the community and somewhere I can make my own contribution to the society. It inspires.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
OP maggiez93 2 / 6  
Thanks for your comments!
Any other thoughts?

Home / Undergraduate / 'Community engagement'-Colby-Supplement Essay Why Colby