'community organizer' - SHORT Brown U. Supplement - How did you hear about Brown?

randomzm 10 / 20  
How did you become interested in Brown, e.g., college counselor, undergraduate, relative, web site? (limit 900 char.)

I strode back down the narrow hallway to the desk of our community organizer, Chris, my completed call sheets in hand. It wasn't long after I had turned in the sheets when he asked me the only question I get asked nowadays: "Where are you going to college?" Following my polite "not sure yet," he suggested Brown University, his former college. Chris passionately described Brown's programs and student life, and he even took the time to give me a tour of Providence using Google Earth. By zooming in on his favorite places to eat and his usual route to class, I felt as if I was actually there taking a tour of the campus. If I am fortunate enough to be accepted to your university, I truly have Chris to thank for introducing me to Brown's unique academics and its vibrant social life.

Thanks everyone! This is my second-to-last essay of the admissions season!
EF_Constance - / 143  
I strode(I WOULD USE ANOTHER WORD. THIS ONE SEEMS AWKWARD.) back down the narrow hallway to the desk of our community organizer, Chris, my completed call sheets in hand.

Following my polite "not sure yet," he suggested Brown University, his former alma mater .

I would associate what you most liked about Brown U. Did you like the campus, setting, environment, class size, streets, professors, etc.? What made this university jump out at you? Other than that, you did great answering the prompt. I would change the word "strode" to something else. It seems a bit awkward to me. Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / 'community organizer' - SHORT Brown U. Supplement - How did you hear about Brown?