Comparison of the sculpture love and the kiss.

ashleymanoff 2 / 2  
Has to be 500-750 words and i'm struggling. :/

Love can send plenty of messages depending on how you look at it. Whether it should be the sculpture, The Kiss by Auguste Rodin which is located in Washington D.C or the sculpture Love by Robert Indiana which is in the dead center of New York City. Whether it's physical or emotional, love is one the strongest feelings you can show. Love can be written out into words or expressed in an action.

The Kiss is a representation of a 13th century Italian woman who falls in love with her husband's younger brother. The physical side of this show just how in love they were and what was going on at this time. This couple's lips are actually not touching, which can help lead to the assumption that they were interrupted and were killed before they got to share their last kiss. For a long time after The Kiss was sculpted it was consider to explicit for people to view themselves, it was kept in a closed door in a museum.

Love is the letters LO with the O sideways over the letters VE. Not many people know this but this image was originally created for a Christmas card for the Museum of Modern Art in 1964. This sculpture is a very bold red and blue.

Both titles, The Kiss and Love state exactly what you are going to see. The sculpture Love is much more modern than The Kiss which is a very classic form of art. Since Love is located in the middle of New York City it's clear and out in the open, so it demands attention. The Kiss is very saddle and doesn't draw the eye as much as a bright blue and red sculpture would.

Even though the sculptures are both very different, there are many similarities. The meaning of love is stronger then any art could ever show. The way is it chose to be represented can be so strong.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
The first comparison of the kiss sculpture is more substantial than the second of letters only. You need to come up with a bit more on that than you have (are you sure that it was created for a Xmas card?) I think we have one in the middle of UPenn too.

Some typos corrected in CAPS:
- The physical side of this show SHOWS
- For a long time after The Kiss was sculpted it was consider CONSIDERED to TOO
- it was kept in a BEHIND closed door in a museum.
- The Kiss is very saddle SUBTLE
- The meaning of love is stronger then THAN any art could ever show.
- The way is it chose (do you mean IT IS CHOSEN) to be represented can be so strong.
Your closing sentence does not close with impact. If you cant' reach a better conclusion, consider removing this and ending with the previous sentence.

Home / Undergraduate / Comparison of the sculpture love and the kiss.