"competitive environment, world-class faculties" essay for University application

aspiring207 2 / 2  
How does the University of Chicago satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community and future?please adress with specificity yuor own wishes and how they relate to chicago. (one or two pages)

When i was researching at the beggining of my senior year about possible universities, I came across University of Chicago profile on the collegeboard. I started looking for details in the university website regarding the University and I found that it is exactly what I am looking for. University of Chicago has so many opportunities for me, and not just in academics. Diverse student body, athletics and even fun University traditions.

I was born in Indonesia and I am of Indian descent. All my life I have been in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. I have Indonesian, Chinese and Indian friends in my high school and I found that being friends with people from different backgrounds is really fun. My friends and I, when we celebreate our respective tradition, we tell each other our experiences and it's really fun. That is why I am attracted to University of Chicago, it has a diverse student body, more diverse than my high school, so I am really looking forward to be friends with many different people.

I like to be in a competitive learning environment. It motivates me to push myself . I found that University of Chicago is very selective so I am expecting myself to be studying with some of the finest students from around the world. Being competitive allows me to see myself and make myself better in important things like time managment, responsibilites, co-operation, etc. I look forward to improve myself while learning in the University.

In my high school, there are very few extra curricular ectivties but I didn't let that stop me from doing what I enjoy. I take part in debate competitions, dancing during Halloween or any other occasions. My school offers extra-curricular activties in sports like badminton, basketball and I actively take part in them. I also play a little bit of guitar which I learnt outside of my school since my school doen't offer guitar lessons. I am looking forward to doing some extra-curricular activities in the University like student organisations, sports and even the various University tradition like Summer breeze concert, Scavenger Hunt, etc.

I prefer university of Chicago beacuse I think that it is the perfect University for me. It has all the aspects of University that I am looking for. Ffridnly yet competitive environment, world-class faculties and professors, extra-surricular activities and a fun lifestyle, all in one place. If I am accepted, I am reallyy looking forward to enjoy my University life.

(forgive the spelling mistakes, I will correct it later)
mea505 - / 265  
Hanisha,

The University of Chicago is a great school! My son was awarded his Ph.D. from the university in Chemistry about a year ago. I've been to the campus -- very impressive.

I like your essay, Hanisha. Apparently, you took the time not only in writing the essay, but also in researching information about the university. That shows commitment, and I am sure that the people at the school would like to read your essay.

There are a few spelling errors, as you have already pointed out, and because you indicate that you are going to correct them, I fail to see the point in being redundant. Your essay is well-written and well formatted. I don't really see a problem with it being used for the purpose in which you intend. I might develop a few more lines about myself, but that is just a personal preference.

Good Luck with the U of C!

Mark :)

Home / Undergraduate / "competitive environment, world-class faculties" essay for University application