Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'to complete the cycle' Washington University Summer Program for High School Students

voldymentor 1 / 5  
I am asked how the program will benefit me as a student... help! I am not that good with these kind of topics.

In life, there are certain steps a person takes to complete the cycle. The cycle starts out during childhood, progresses through middle age, and then ends with the elderly years. That is why I make sure I spend every given opportunity on making each step fulfilled to my best ability. So far in life, everything I have been planning is directed towards college. Since I know my parents cannot assist me in the highest In elementary and middle school, I was preparing for high school. In high school, I am preparing for college. My college years will prepare me for life. To ensure that I am fully prepared for college, I must take major leaps and apply to programs such as the Washington University in St. Louis Summer Program. This program will assist me in adapting to college, being more independent, and giving me a chance to experience new lifestyles and friendships.

One of my most important reasons for going here is to also really confirm that my career choice is what I truly am interested in. Since I was in elementary school, my parents urged me to be a doctor, as most Asian parents suggest, but I was not just motivated by them. My grandfather was a doctor as well, and he showed me when I was visiting once in Vietnam, how being a doctor really made his life feel like it was benefiting the world. The Pre-Medical Summer Program will help me focus my study and broaden my knowledge of what majors I can choose when I get to college. I hope to make strong friendships with the students who seek the same goals as me, and I also hope to lead as I take on the work the summer course provides.

With my willing to learn and adapt to prepare for college, I hope to gain leadership skills and strong friendships while at Washington University. As I take on bigger steps, this little step will guide me through high school, college, and ultimately, complete the cycle.

Home / Undergraduate / 'to complete the cycle' Washington University Summer Program for High School Students