'computer programmer's dream' - UC Prompt 1

Tashiro Tetsuya 1 / 1  
Prompt #1
Describe the world you come from ï for example your family, community or school- and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

I gazed out the window as I wait patiently for the aircraft to land on the airport. As I arrived in LAX, there was a whole bunch of things I did not understand. I was not familiar with the culture around here. I saw a lot of cars on the streets which surprised me because there are not a lot of cars back in Vietnam.

When I was young, my brother introduced me to computers. At that time I did not know what it did so I was curious of finding out. As I grew, I started liking computers more and more. Later on, he introduced me to games. Since I did not have any friends back then, I would spend every day on the computer just playing online games. I grew very attached to it and would not stop. There was not a single day when I stopped, except the days when the internet was down or when I was grounded.

As a kid, I was very fascinated by how people can make games on the computer or anything else such as the PlayStation. I have huge respect to those people because I can tell that it is not an easy thing to do. Looking at videos on sneak peeks of games or programs makes me amazed by the intelligence of what we human beings can do. This is very significant for me because it really inspired me to become one of those people.

My dream is to become a computer programmer. I know that I have to work hard to achieve that dream. However, because I am very attached to the computer, I became very lazy in school work. I would not do homework and study just because I wanted to have more time playing video games. This affected me on my grades. As years go by, my grades kept on staying low. My parents would get mad at me because I would not try my best in school. My family is big. I have a lot of cousins and nephews. Everyone has their goals and they work really hard to get it. I would be the only one that was lazy and refused to work just as hard as them because I valued having fun over my education. This had made me fall really behind them. However, even though I was weak in academics, my family would always encourage me to do my best and support me.

It is now my last year in high school. I realized that it is no longer time to mess around and start being serious. That means I have to improve my grades, study for the SAT, and make the most out of my senior year. I know that if I fail this year again, I would not graduate and will not get the job I always wanted to get when I was a kid. In order to reach my goal, I have to change my self and get into a good university so I can learn a lot more.

Getting into a university is very important to me because it means I am one step closer to achieving my dreams. Being successful in college will give me the experience and education I need to become a computer programmer.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
I gazed out the window as I waited patiently for the aircraft to land on the airport.

I was notunfamiliar with the culture around herein this area . I was surprised when I saw a lot ofso many cars on the streets,which surprised me because there are not a lot of cars back in Vietnam.

At that time,I did not know what it did so I was curious ofto find out what it did.

As a kid, I was very fascinated by how people can makecreatecomputer games on the computer or anything else or video gamessuch as thefor PlayStation.

This affected me on my grades. As the years gopassed by, my grades kept onstayed low.

This had made me fall really behind themmy classmates . However, even though I was weak inlost my focus on academics, my family would always encouraged me to do my best and supported me.
OP Tashiro Tetsuya 1 / 1  
Thank you for your help, i appreciate it!

Home / Undergraduate / 'computer programmer's dream' - UC Prompt 1