Computer Science - Undergraduate application Jacobs University

Ongun1905 1 / -  

Why do you want to attend Jacobs University? (200 words or fewer)*

I am applying to Jacobs University, and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

By studying Computer Science at Jacobs I will accomplish the peak of computer technologies. For as long as I've known myself, my passion is to become one of the most renowned game developers around the world; also, to have a broad and in-depth understanding of computer science. Furthermore, I would have the opportunity to study one of the top-ranked universities around the world with a unique and prestigious diverse environment. I believe that Jacobs provides one of the best internship and research opportunities on computer science academic programs while maintaining vigorous connections with top-tech companies. Benefiting from these connections would guide me to choose the proper path for my professional future career. As a well-rounded person, I need to be a part of every aspect of life such as sports, arts, community, and volunteer work, which is one of the key factors why I would want to attend Jacobs. Lastly, the active campus life of Jacobs is where I can develop communication, leadership, and prepare myself to work globally. Thereby, I can impact society in a life-changing way. I believe attending Jacobs would be an irreplaceable experience that would impact me as an individual and my future path.
This statement is too general in terms of references. You are not really giving the reviewer any information that he doesn't already know about the university since he works there. What you have to do is come up with personal reasons that motivate your interests to apply for admission to this university. Think of the following:

1. What are your academic goals? What academic and technical programs (research, development, internships, anything else similar) does the university specifically offer that you hope to participate in?

2. What special skills do you hope to develop at the university? How does that relate to your after study plans?

3. What sort of life-changing participation do you hope to have at the university that will prepare you for global employment? Pick one extra curricular activity that relates to your career plan to serve as your in-house training during your academic years.

Based on these guide questions, you should be able to come up with a more unique/original response to the general question that could help your response stand out in the mind of the reviewer.

Home / Undergraduate / Computer Science - Undergraduate application Jacobs University