Computer Science usage - Help with Carnegie essay prompt

prompter 4 / 18  
Hey guys,

I needed a small help with this Carnegie essay prompt:

"Please submit a one-page, single-spaced essay that explains why you have chosen Carnegie Mellon and your particular major(s), department(s) or program(s). This essay should include the reasons why you've chosen the major(s), any goals or relevant work plans and any other information you would like us to know. If you are applying to more than one college or program, please mention each college or program to which you are applying. Because our admission committees review applicants by college and programs, your essay can impact our final decision. Please do not exceed one page for this essay."

I am talking about School of Computer Science in this. I wanted to know that when the prompt asks for why I have chosen Carnegie Mellon (the university itself) and my particular major, I should describe aspects that I like about the University as a whole, and the major, right?

And there are several places where I cannot avoid using "Computer Science". Is it okay if the first time I mention it, I enter (CS) in brackets after it, and then enter CS instead of "Computer Science" later in the essay? The same goes for "Carnegie Mellon University", with CMU. Is it all right to abbreviate these two things?
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
I should describe aspects that I like about the University as a whole, and the major, right?

^Yes. Perhaps, even a discussion on the department can do favors for you?

And there are several places where I cannot avoid using "Computer Science".

^Well, there is always a way to get around it.

The same goes for "Carnegie Mellon University", with CMU. Is it all right to abbreviate these two things?

^I do not know about the CS in brackets, but I think that CMU should be fine. Not too sure however, but I definitely would assume that it is alright.
OP prompter 4 / 18  
I get rid of about 5 times i used Computer Science in the essay. But I still use it about 7 to 8 times, with about 4 times in one paragraph only.

Does anyone else have any opinions over using the abbreviation CS instead of "computer science"?

Home / Undergraduate / Computer Science usage - Help with Carnegie essay prompt