Concept of Global Network University - NYU SUPPLEMENT

floralcurfuffal 2 / 9  
NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

A global university encompasses the sole theme of diversity. I strive to diversify myself through experiencing the unfamiliar. The great thing about NYU is that taking risks is encouraged. Risking disease to study in Ghana or risking parental disownment by changing majors, unfamiliar is normal. The more cultures I become familiar with through study abroad programs, volunteering efforts, classes about cultural development, and being in one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, the more readily and confidently I can give of myself. I believe that by being apart of a global community will better prepare me for life after college.
auds 2 / 40  
My first thought: "This is it?!"
Okay it is definitely a little short, but maybe less is more. Your "essay" is extremely powerful. You really know how to speak and express your opinions.

I only have a few things to say.

Risking disease to study in Ghana or risking parental disownment by changing majors, unfamiliar is normal.

When you said "the unfamiliar is normal," the way you just plugged it into the sentence like that really doesnt flow with the sentence. I suggest rewording it maybe like saying "the unfamiliar is normal at New York University" or something.

I believe that by being apart of a global community it will better prepare me for life after college.

Other than a few corrections, this is really good. It's strong but to the point.
dj02bothell 4 / 10  
I think this is a great short response. My only suggestion is that you should use a specific example in your life or explain an event that shows you are ready for NYU and NYC.
OP floralcurfuffal 2 / 9  
wow thanks so much!
yea that IS it :)
it has to be 500 characters which is a little ANNOYING.
but hey... i don't make the rules!
Moonshadow0302 - / 68  
the sole theme

what do you mean by the word "sole" here - do you mean the university does not encompass any other theme?

parental disownment by changing majors

I don't think any parent would disown their child for changing majors

being apart of a global community

I presume you meant - a part of and not apart of - two completely different meanings
Otherwise, very succinct and well written. I'm sure many people are facing problems compacting their thoughts into 500 characters but you seem to have done it! Congratulations :)

Home / Undergraduate / Concept of Global Network University - NYU SUPPLEMENT