what does the concept of a global university mean to you

Theresse 1 / -  
NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

I just wanted to know if this was a good start or my essay :) thank-you

My family is an assortment of flavors. I have a member's from Senegal , Guinea, Cuba, Lebanon , France, and Switzerland. In my household i grew up with a catholic mom and a Muslim dad exposing myself to traditions and cultures. This as a result has made me a very open minded and attracted to diversity.

New York University in my opinion is the embobment of a global university due to its diversity and location, which is the melting pot of the world.
Great Start. Go ahead, finish and post it to the forum. It would surely be an interesting one for everyone to read.
catholic mom and a Muslim dad

capitalize Catholic.

I see a seed of coolness in this that can grow into a great theme. It's this part about your family being an assortment of flavors. That implies a metaphor about your family being something you can taste, so here is what I think you should do:

Add a paragraph BEFORE this one so that this becomes the first body paragraph. Precede it with an intro paragraph that introduces this theme of taste and flavor.

You can use that theme throughout the whole essay.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / what does the concept of a global university mean to you