Confused about John Nash, Barnard Short Answer

juliasharp 1 / 1  
i'm confused because john nash is a real person but i'm talking about the john nash from the movie. so i'm not sure if this answers the prompt because i dont know if he's considered "fictional" or not

1. What fictional character or characters from literature, film, theatre, or television have intrigued you or taught you something and why? (1000 characters)

John Nash said in the movie A Beautiful Mind, "Who decides reason? My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional, and back." He suffers from schizophrenia, a mental disorder that causes delusions and paranoia. Nash shows tremendous self restraint and ability in suppressing his desire to "imagine and dream" in order to stay sane enough to have a normal life, and through his portrayal, offers a model for others living with this disorder.
nc08dkia 4 / 23  
well, the movie can be right about his quote, but to think that you know such a personality just by watching a biased movie is weak. your attempt is really good! try looking on the net for him, plenty of information. even wikipedia has alot of stuff they didnt mention in the movie,...
sportybluei 7 / 40  
John Nash is a real person.. but I'm not sure he if he actually said the quote or not. And yes, like Dana said, the movie lacks a lot of the real details that happened.. and exaggerates a lot in making the story more dramatic.
OP juliasharp 1 / 1  
thats why i became confused. i based my response off of the character i saw from the movie not from the one in real life. the question asks about a fictional character, which is the part where i got confused. because he is a real person doesn't mean he is the same as the one in the movie. but i'm not sure if the readers take that into consideration when reviewing the response. or if they will simply think i didn't answer the prompt correctly. thus brings me back to my main question on whether continuing with this response would be a suitable answer for the question at hand.

Home / Undergraduate / Confused about John Nash, Barnard Short Answer