"I was considered an introvert" - Standford, Write a letter to your future roommate

jackie224 2 / 1  
Please proofread and I'm sorry that it sucks. I wrote it in an extremely short amount of time and I'm also running on only a few hours of sleep, so there's probably going to be a lot of things that don't make sense.. ANYWAY here it is.

Dear future roommate,

Until I reached high school, I was considered an introvert: I hid inside my shell and feared to speak to anyone outside of my family. When you first meet me, I am sure you will find this extremely unlikely; especially when I plague you with questions. I apologize in advance if my incessant questions are a bother, but I must admit that I am simply intrigued by people and their different backgrounds. You see, I come from a very rural area where diverse people are few and far between. Growing up in an area such as this has inspired curiosity in me.

Apart from my curiosity, I am also what most people would call an "adrenaline junkie". I absolutely love extreme sports such as dirt-bike riding, which is my favorite. This love reflects my philosophy of living each day to its fullest. I feel that every day we receive is a gift and instead of wondering why we have been given this gift, we should seize the day and live like it's our last.

Adversely, I also have a "nerdy" side. I'm probably one of the biggest Star Trek, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings fan you will ever meet. It doesn't stop there - XBOX 360 also makes the list of my favorite hobbies, along with "air-violining" to Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor.

With my diverse likes and hobbies, I am sure will share find something in common and I look forward to meeting you in the fall!
Aleage12 3 / 27  
You see, I come

very nice overall, and i know the feeling - I'm cramming stanford essays/editing now on little sleep

Home / Undergraduate / "I was considered an introvert" - Standford, Write a letter to your future roommate