Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'Speech contest full of challenge' - UC STATMENT#2

hellosunshine 1 / -  
The grammar is really bad and need some correction.
Please feel free to help me edit or make comments!!
"Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?"

The things that makes people different from one another is our personalities. Each person has a different personality; therefore they all have different characteristics that define their personalities. Each person has different qualities and characteristics that make us special and unique. As a person of who I am, I tend to be a quiet and shy person since I was a little. I don't talk much, but I could be very open minded and talk nonstop to someone that I'm close to. I was never really good at any particular subject. I was always average on everything. I never had any special talent or quality that I could proudly display to the world. At times, it would make me sad that I didn't have any special quality or talent to be proud of. Until there was one thing happen to me, which had changed how I see myself.

It was the school district speech contest where we compete with other students at our school district. I was really nervous, because I have never spoken with that much people in public. My heart was pounding before I go up the stage. When hundreds of eyes staring at you. I was afraid that I will embarrass myself in front of the whole crowd. I tried to smile as much as I could, and give eye contact to audiences, take a deep breath and start to flow out my words. When I was done with my speech, everybody applauded and cheer. When the result came out, I realized I had made to the final. It was unbelievable, even though I have won fourth place, but I was thrilled and so proud of myself, I was able to overcome my fear.

.From this speech contest, I have learned that I am a person who was not fear of challenges, no matter how hard is. I would try my best to do it, and learn from failure. Some things you might have to do several times, until it's the way you wanted it. But when you have patient and faith in yourself, nothing is impossible. I like getting challenge, because it gives you a good feeling when you earn from your hard works. I am very blessed to have this wonderful quality. It gave me opportunity to try new things, and learn experience from it. And it is also lead a path to fulfill my dreams. It is special and this quality will stay with me forever.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Speech contest full of challenge' - UC STATMENT#2