'to continue my passion 4 scientific research' why applying to that specific college

reidabook 6 / 19  
Prompt: Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests? (500 words maximum)

As a student with more academic interests than there are encyclopedia entries, what I am looking for in a college is one that I will allow me to explore all of my curiosities. After four years in the institution I would not only like to be an expert in my main field of study, but also well-rounded enough to hold conversations with others in different academic fields. The fact that both of these requirements can be met by just one college is why I am so enamored with the University of Michigan's College of Literature, Science and the Arts. If I am accepted, not only will I be receiving a world renowned education that will give me huge opportunities in my future and prepare me exceptionally well for a career in science, but also the broad culturing and appreciation for other subjects I will have been given will allow me to approach science with new perspectives. Along with science, I am extremely passionate about Spanish and other foreign languages and love the study abroad programs available to Literature, Science and the Arts students. The study abroad programs at the University of Michigan will help me to think and learn on a global scale, and apply what I have learned to my life in the United States. Although the University of Michigan is an absolutely massive school both in size and number of students, another aspect of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts that I love is the ability I will have to join living learning communities, which not only will make the college "smaller", but also provide me with more opportunities to involve myself with science and research. If I decide not to join a living learning community, the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program offered by U of M is another resource I am absolutely ecstatic to have available to me as it will allow me to continue my passion for scientific research that I developed in high school.
sm9453 2 / 4  
*Tip: when you say "not only - but also -" you either put it as "not only will I do this but I will also do this" or you put it as "I will not only do this but also this"

Anyway, nice response. It's well written and descriptive of what you like in UMich :)
I would appreciate it if you could also give me some feedback on some of my essays!
Good luck with the application process!

Home / Undergraduate / 'to continue my passion 4 scientific research' why applying to that specific college