Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'contradictions to globalism and in soccer' - Rutgers Essay

william3142 1 / -  
Please review this as quickly as possible. I have deadline comming up this week..
Thank you

Rutgers University is a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. How would you benefit from and contribute to such an environment? Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences. Only personal essays submitted via our website will be considered. You may enter a maximum of 3800 characters including spaces.

In the book 'How Soccer Explains the World' Foer explains that there are a number of contradictions to globalism that become public in Soccer. Variety of backgrounds and experiences makes people different. Therefore, every person has his or her own perspective and unique ways of describing it. I believe Rutgers University's a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences is unique factor that makes Rutgers University special for me. I find lots of great opportunities for me to contribute and benefit from such an environment.

Let me begin by saying I am a big fan of exhibitions, shows, and spectacles. In these events we find a public means to describe the world. They became important moments of transparency in a world that is increasingly devoted to 'the screen'. Depending varieties of experiences, backgrounds, and interests, people view things differently.

I have had great interest in performing and expressing those perspectives. I often described world with soccer, which I thought to be a means of realigning identity and nationalism. In a short description of my activity, I have performed and directed major performance called "Blue Seoul", in which I demonstrated "life without soccer". This film was part of an exhibition, which was shown to Over 3 million people watched it as part of Seoul Design Olympic, 2009 However, I demonstrated my unique personal view on life without soccer, and it was honored with award from mayor of Seoul, South Korea.

I believe my experience and passion for public demonstration will benefit vibrant community of your college by affectively delivering important lessons to fellow students by using creative methods. Using my strength in demonstrating thoughts, I will allocate it with your college's diversity and make most out of it.

With my active demonstration through performances, I slowly wised up to the fact that there is a variety of ways to describe the global. Depending on varieties of experiences, backgrounds, and interests, people view and judge things differently. And every one of their perspectives is different and unique. I simply believe that variety expand our range of expressing thoughts. Vibrant community of people with wide variety of characters, your college is my desired "field of play". It is the best place to advance my academic skills to apply to my already global upbringing. I will continue to play the two sides of two strong cultures (Korean and American, local and global) in a public game to better society and myself. I am excited to apply and be accepted by your dynamic institution.

Home / Undergraduate / 'contradictions to globalism and in soccer' - Rutgers Essay