Contrary to most millennials, I was terrible with technology.

arg 1 / 3  
briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences- CFC

Contrary to most millennials, I was terrible with technology. So when I was assigned to work at the nonprofit organization Computers for Children for the majority of my summer, I was worried about how I would fit in at the company as an intern. I grudgingly followed through with my assignment and after a few weeks, I was pleasantly surprised. I found that I was not only able to master constructing a computer from spare parts and learn how to use programs such as photoshop, but I also had the ability to pass on my new found knowledge to children who usually had little contact with a real computer and software. During my second year at the company I was granted more responsibility as I made calls for donations, helped design and distribute flyers for their events, and ran lessons at the technology camps.
barry 4 / 15 3  
Your short answer is acceptable but I think you need to recheck for small mistakes before submitting(you need to work on tone it is different in different sentences), and how to use programs such as photoshop, photoshop is a software which contains lots of program plug-ins, so replace the word programs with softwares.

Best of luck!
OP arg 1 / 3  
@barry
thank you for help
This may be a stupid question, but could you tell me what you meant by differing tones?
I meant to show how my attitude toward the program changed over time and I see how my tone may differ because of that, but what do you mean by it differing in sentences/ why is that a bad thing?
Alyssa, when you speak of an extra curricular activity, it should refer to something that you do after school, where you manage to excel. You are not supposed to discuss an activity that you were not able to excel in. That is because the extra curricular activity is supposed to portray your strengths, other than academic, which can help you excel as a student or student leader once you go to college. What you have shared is not a good experience for the prompt. I hope that you have some other, more relevant extra curricular activity where you can show some talent or other form of excellence that can interest the reviewer in further learning about your through your application essays and other documents.
OP arg 1 / 3  
I understand what you are saying but I describe that going into the program I had no successful experiences with computers, but I stepped outside of my comfort zone and decided to pursue something I was typically bad at and eventually I was able to excel in the program, despite my initial hesitancy and failures. I state how eventually I was able to not only learn about computers but I was able to "master" them in some areas and then pass that knowledge on to others. And then I talked about how I gained responsibility at the company.

Can you please tell me what made this unclear.
Also, it says or work experience in the prompt and I worked at this organization for 2 summers

Home / Undergraduate / Contrary to most millennials, I was terrible with technology.