What can you contribute to SPP? "Helping others"

enou9044 1 / -  
title: what can you contribute to SPP?

I look at my life as one of participant in reality show "Amazing race." South Korea, Japan, Philippines, South Africa, United States of America - these are the countries that I have lived in. I have experienced five different cultures and learned seven different languages from Korean to African tribe language. I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to travel the world. I can create friendly relationship between international students and American student.

When an International student is struggling with American culture, I can help an international student to understand better about American culture. I have experienced American culture more than 3 years.

I will bring three major characters of me to SPP. The three characteristic that describe me the best are optimistic, passionate and mature. All three of those characters can give a great contribution to SPP and build a productive relationship with students and teachers in SPP.

I personally think I am an optimistic person. One of my favorite commercial quote is "Impossible is nothing" from Adidas. You can look at this quote from two different sides of viewpoint. If you have negative attitude, you probably believe "Impossible is anything." However, I believe "Anything is possible." I want to bring students in SPP optimism. Optimism gives people reasons to look forward to the future with a sense of hope. I encourage people to look at things positively. When people are struggling, I cheer them up with a positive attitude and remind them to look at the good part of life. optimism will prevent the negative thoughts to get into your head.

People around me say that I am a passionate person. One of my greatest passions is helping others. Because I wanted to make different in my community, I started regularly to volunteer near by my community. I have been volunteering more than 250 hours. It shows how much I passionate about volunteering. I care about my community and the others. I will contribute to SPP with my passionate heart by caring for student.

I found that I am a mature individual. Living without my parents, I became independent. Some of the challenge in my life helped me to develop my maturity such illegal immigrant issue. I am not afraid to fail. Learning from mistakes is great strength of me. A maturity plays an important role in my life. I have a focused mind all time. I will help people out when they need me. With my maturity level, I will deliver positive knowledge and make a good influence to students at SPP.

Not only these characteristics I have, I also have creativity, enthusiastic, honest, confident, and humorous. Each of these characteristics can be developed. I am confident that I will fit in SPP. With all the qualities I have, I am looking forward to contribute to SPP.

plzzz... help me!!

I know this essay is not great.
Vakax 2 / 50  
This essay felt toooo COMMERCIAL in its construction. You picked Amazing Race and then instead of drawing parallels between the show and your life, you jumped on the next popular wagon - Adidas!

Your paragraphs aren't coherent at all. You jump from passion to independence and then in the conclusion you write..creativity, enthusiastic, honest, confident, and humorous. I'm sorry but your essay fails to highlight any of these characteristics.Also, your optimism paragraph doesn't meld in with the overall construction.

Heres what you should do. I think the amazing race is a very good concept to build your essay on. Pick four characteristics from the show, for example:Hardship, Group-work, Leadership and challenges and then give each paragraph depth by comparing and contrasting between yourself and the show.

One thing more: Try to connect your paragraphs to a conclusion where it clearly hits the reader how you are right for a degree in PUBLIC POLICY (or whatever it is that you want to pursue at SPP!)

Best of Luck.
Capitalize both words:
"Amazing Race"

I can create friendly relationships between international students and American students .

This is an impressive thread!! Thanks, everyone, for making it great.

Here is another idea:
I want to bring optimism to share with students in SPP, because optimism gives people ...

I like this part!!!----> ...reasons to look forward to the future with a sense of hope. --- nice job!!
suam9044 - / 1  
what can you contribute to global community

I bought Nike shoes from the Mall of America, but the shoes made from Malaysia. When I was reading the description of the shoes from the shoebox, I saw six different languages from English to Japanese. Why is there six different languages for the shoe description? Because the shoes that I bought probably sell in six different countries. This is only small example of our daily life as global community. We are living in global community right now. My contributions to a global community are my open-mind attitude, volunteering experience.

In my opinion, Open-mind is essential to make contribution in global community. The traveling experience developed me to be an open-minded person. If you are not open-minded person, you will be difficult to accept diversity. I respect other people's idea and culture. Openness gave me more experience of how to deal with others with sharing knowledge and respect. It also keep me well supplied with new ideas that can further its vision.

I believe contributing to global community starts from community near by you. I contribute my volunteering experience to different communities. My volunteering experience in the hospital contributes to the health care system. I also contribute to urban society by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity and to zoology community by volunteering for Minnesota Zoo.

Open-mined attitude, volunteering experience are my strong strength that I can contribute to global community. I want to make a difference in global community. Therefore, I will find more skills to contribute global community.

#I think my essay is weak.
but I have no idea what to write.
can someone help me? give your opinion or idea plz!!

I always try to answer the question in a single sentence. There are many ways to answer this, but choose one way that will be a good essay topic. What is the way that most inspires you?

Okay, now I see that you are saying that having an open mind is an important way to contribute to the global community. Good point!! I like it. Make a thesis statement based on this idea, and put it at the end of the first paragraph.

I bought Nike shoes from the Mall of America, but the shoes made from Malaysia. When I was reading the description of the shoes from the shoebox, I saw six different languages from English to Japanese. Why is are there six different languages for the shoe description? It is because the shoes that I bought probably sell in six different countries. This is only small example of our daily life as global community. We are living in global community right now, and I can make contributions to such a community by keeping an open-minded attitude and by engaging in volunteer work.---- I changed experience to work because you cannot contribute experience. You CAN contribute work, though! :-)

Do not capitalize the o here:
In my opinion, o pen-mindness is essential to make a contribution in the global community. The traveling ...

I believe contributing to global community starts from community near by you. --- good sentence!

Open-mined attitude and volunteer work are my strong strengths that I can contribute to the global community. I want to make a difference; therefore, I will find more skills to contribute to the global community as I take my education.
Vakax 2 / 50  
Umm, how can shoes be made FROM Malayasia? First point.

Global community is putting YOUR spin on the word...However, using global VILLAGE is highlighting that core fact you want to raise in your essay. "Global Village" is a universally accepted fact! Second point.

Dont write In my opinion. We already know its your opinion! Third Point.

...open-mindedness is essential to make "_________" (you need an adjective here.What type of contribution? )contribution in the global community. Fourth point.

The traveling experience developed(??) me to be an open-minded person . (The structure is all over the place. Plus too much use of open-mindedness.Almost makes me think that its the only positive thing in your personality that you are aware of. Rephrase this sentence saying something like, umm, ...traveling experiences developed in me a sense to absorb attributes from various cultures that i became a part of...or something that explains what you mean by OPEN-MINDEDNESS.) Fifth point.

Saying "contribute to the global community" in the end is quixotic!Use words like "try", "help in contributing', " hoping on playing a part in the contribution". Sixth point.

The whole essay, to me, still fails the mark by an angle of 180 and a distance of 100 miles. The point you are trying to raise is good;the approach isnt!?Use of a popular brand is a clever approach...but its still lacking the punch.

Keep working.You are getting there. Best of luck.

Home / Undergraduate / What can you contribute to SPP? "Helping others"