'contributing to the world' Center's G.O.A.L.S; Ohio State Honors Program Essay

pcampbell 1 / -  
I would appreciate a final look through of my essay for the Ohio State Honors Program due tomorrow. I had trouble staying within in the 500 word limit and it is currently 499 words. The prompt ;University Honors and Ohio State Scholars: How do your individual passions and interests align with one or more of the G.O.A.L.S. of the Honors & Scholars Center? (To learn about the G.O.A.L.S. visit honors-scholars.osu.edu/goals.) Please and thank you for your contributions

Our actions form the truest testimony of our passions and motivations. I have found a piece of me in each part of the Honors and Scholars Center's G.O.A.L.S, and with it matched a personal deed. My unique participation in clubs, activities and education shows my connection to the missions of the program. The G.O.A.L.S will now be a maxim of the doctrines I have continuously lived by.

The advantages of discovering new cultures and perspectives have driven me to be a global citizen. For the past two years, I have been a member, and am currently serving

as vice president of my school's Interact club. Standing for International Action, the club focuses on connecting with the world through service projects.Through this activity I am able to combine my love of community service and interest in global events. I have also integrated my passion for learning and global awareness by taking Spanish courses at both my high school and a local community college. The summer of my junior year I also attended a month long Arabic Immersion course at Kent State. Through both these languages I have gained an understanding of previously unknown societies and improved myself as a scholar and active global citizen

"Satisfaction of one's curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life." This
quote by Linus Pauling accurately describes my desire to learn and enjoyment in the process. On my own accord, I have taught myself to play piano and familiarized myself with nearly every aspect of Greek mythology and history. My drive to learn led me to gain the position of team captain of my schools scholastic and academic challenge team as an underclassmen and retain it senior year. Along with this has come the desire to get the most out of my education. As such, I have completed the most rigorous course schedule possible. If given the opportunity, I have taken college versions of all required subjects. I am also currently taking the only AP course offered at my high school. With this demanding schedule I have still maintained being in the top ten percent of my class and a weighted 3.912 GPA. I will continue to maximize the opportunities given to me in both formal and informal education.

The role of leadership is one that, for me, comes naturally. I have been elected to
leadership roles in over five well established school activities. I am both comfortable and capable of directing small to large groups. Through my activities, I have learned how to successfully distribute work load, raise motivation and direct focus. I am driven to be a respectable and effective leader in all groups and projects I am a part of, while holding an appointed title or otherwise unofficially.

To forget the dogmata that have brought me this far would be ideological suicide. As
such, being a part of the Honors and Scholars center program would allow me to keep contributing to the world while improving myself with rigorous education.
Our actions form the truest testimony of our passions and motivations.

... I guess you have missed out something here.... Sounds a bit awkward :(
Our actions come from the truest testimony of our passions and motivations

Well... If I were you, I would have included one of the experiences I have gained or some real life incident I have faced to tell those things you have mentioned above. I think that's more convincing.

It seems you have got the best credentials and experience with you for this program. Also this is written well, but I feel it would sound much better if you present it a bit more lively.

Home / Undergraduate / 'contributing to the world' Center's G.O.A.L.S; Ohio State Honors Program Essay