COOKING / Engineering ; MIT Short essays (100max) - Pleasure/ Major

drpatel3 1 / 1  
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)[/i]

COOKING is a beautiful amalgamation of the science of balancing different flavors. It not only helps my brain to show its creative side but It's a great way for me to unwind when I get home from school: even if it's just to know that I added salt instead of sugar and my parents ate it quietly. Every Sunday I go to Aero beach, Entebbe with my friends. We have fun, make new friends and rejuvenate ourselves. After having fun we reach our temple and indulge ourselves in the teen gatherings and after that do some volunteer work.

Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer) [i]

Engineering has always captured my imagination; from the enormity of the 7,965MWe reactor to the infinitesimal 15 femtometre nuclear interactions. Wondering how one fuel pellet the size of a pencil's eraser produces about the same amount of energy as burning 1 ton of coal, 150 gallons of oil or 17,000 cubic feet of natural gas. I am determined to achieve my long held aspiration to become a Nuclear Engineer and to enjoy the experience that this career offers. I will bring determination and enthusiasm to my studies and feel can do well in MIT's Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

Essay 1 Critique: This is really a "free" essay in that you can talk about really anything. MIT wants to get a better sense of what you do to unwind. You tried to pack too many things here. Since it is only 100 words, this essay is meant to be short and concise. Just talk about one topic -maybe cooking- and fully focus in on how you feel while cooking, thoughts that run through your head while cooking and also the "Fun" aspect of it.

Essay 2 Critique: The key to this short essay is to tie the program at MIT and the department to your future desires. Even though this is only 100 words, you should try to elaborate on why you really want to be an engineer other than saying it is your dream. Then connect the dots between how MIT and more specifically this major/department can help you reach your goals. -Admissions Advice Online

Hope this helps

Home / Undergraduate / COOKING / Engineering ; MIT Short essays (100max) - Pleasure/ Major