CORNELL CALS ESSAY ("we must take care of the world we live in")

cbm2891 2 / -  
From a young age, I was taught that we must take care of the world we live in. That means switching the lights off when leaving a room, turning off the car off if it was going to be stopped for a long time, using garbage receptacles, and recycling whenever possible. Sadly it seems that not many other people here in Puerto Rico were taught the same things I was. People throw their garbage on the ground and rarely do they recycle. Land is cleared, overnight at times, to make way for new apartment complexes that remain empty. Both of my parents' families are advocates for environmentally- friendly practices, as well as being actively involved on many levels. Their influence on me has further developed my interest in caring for and protecting our environment. I am committed to helping to protect what is left of the Earth including its resources and bio-diversity. I want to be able to share my passion and knowledge with others.

I have travelled to Europe and Latin America and have seen countries with stellar policies protecting the environment, as well as countries that need help developing and enforcing policies that will defend the Earth. My travel experience has led me to pursue International Relations and find a way to integrate this field of study with the study of Natural Resources, both of which I will pursue at Cornell.

Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is the perfect school for me. It has a great reputation, is very diverse, and has an extensive alumni network, which will provide me with invaluable career opportunities. The rigorous programs will challenge and stimulate me, giving me a great deal of knowledge on the subject I am planning to study. Above all, the world class research facilities would allow me to perform research with top professors who are leaders in their respective fields. With this new understanding and this new knowledge, I can spread the message to other people worldwide so they can see the benefit and purpose of saving what's left of our planet.

any corrections?????????
Unicornsnowind 2 / 2  
Wow!
I can't believe that I am actually looking at someone with such an alarming similarity!
I have to tell you that although we are applying to different schools, we are actually choosing the exact same majors as well as the same career path!

Good luck! Hope that we can both help to make a difference in the world - esp. in the environment.
falconchick 1 / 2  
From a young age, I was taught that we must care for the world we live in.

Switching of the light in an empty room, shutting off the car engine rather than idling, and properly disposing of trash and recycling materials are some of the ways I've learned to help preserve our planet.

With its great reputation, diversity, and extensive alumni network, I believe that Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences will provide me with invaluable career opportunities.

Make sure your sentences flow, other than that, I liked it :)
Thanks falconchick for the good work you did! Check out the EF Contributor page!!

Unicorn, that is great that you are both interested in saving the planet. Read the works of Dr. Owen Wilson.

From a young age, I was taught that we must take care of the world in which we live.

I have traveled to Europe and Latin America and have seen countries with stellar policies protecting the environment, as well as countries that need help developing and enforcing policies that will defend the Earth.

With this new knowledge and understanding, I can spread the message to other people worldwide so they can see the benefit and purpose of saving what's left of our planet.

Great ending!!!

Home / Undergraduate / CORNELL CALS ESSAY ("we must take care of the world we live in")