cornell essay, interest in engineering

sportsguy884 3 / 10  
Tell us about your interest in engineering. Explain how Cornell Engineering can help you further explore this idea or interest. (500 words)----is 421 words enough?

Engineering seems like a perfect fit for me. Ever since my first real math class in middle school I have known that math was for me. It came easy to me and I enjoyed going to class for the first time ever. Apart from my math classes I did not feel that same spark until my junior year. That came from my first ever physics class which quickly became my favorite class. When I learned that engineering combined the two I could not wait to learn more.

Physics helps define life. It explains how everything works and why it is that way. While other people might not be too excited to learn about how a refrigerator works or how much energy is transferred in a collision, I love it and it fascinates me. The longer I am in physics the more questions I have get answered. I am a very inquisitive person and I love learning the secrets behind life. Every experiment we run in physics is not boring and pointless like they have been in other classes; they are practical applications that are also amusing and enthralling. While mathematics does not explain things in the way physics does, it is still a captivating class as I love challenging myself and trying to learn more and more.

I can not wait to dig deeper into what engineering is and I think that Cornell is the perfect place for me to do that. While I have been able to learn under some great minds at my high school, none of them can compare to the teachers at Cornell. Under these people I hope to learn all there is to know about engineering and be able to apply what I have learned practically. Apart from the teachers, I would learn plenty from my peers. I would love to team up with some of them to be able to create something that everybody could use. With the kinds of intellects that run and attend Cornell, I would leave there with a vastly expanded mind.

Engineering seems like the perfect fit for me and Cornell is the perfect place to learn all about it. Engineering encompasses everything this math geek who loves physics could want. I find it amazing that something I could create could have an impact on society or someone's life. Attending Cornell, and learning under and alongside with some of the brightest minds in the world, is the best place for me to get started on this track to making a difference.

any critiques or grammer mistakes or any help at all would be greatly appreciated
Linnus 6 / 89  
You definitely need to add more about why you want to learn engineering at Cornell.

Also you should be more specific in answering "Tell us about your interest in engineering".

Also "Cornell is the perfect place to learn all about it"= "Cornell is the perfect place for me to do that".

I'm applying to Cornell's school of engineering too! Hope to see you there =)

Good luck!
OP sportsguy884 3 / 10  
its been a day am i going to get any help here?
Well, sportsguy, as you can see when you look at the "unanswered" posts, the forum is especially busy this week. This is a free service, anyway, so it is not good to act as though you are a disgruntled customer.

This sentence confuses me:

The longer I am in physics the more questions I have get answered.

It is probably not good to talk about your boredom with other classes, or to suggest that things that do not interest you are "pointless" Every experiment we run in physics is not boring and pointless like they have been in other classes; they are practical applications that are also amusing and enthralling.

Separate the two parts of compound sentences with a comma, and use the word "cannot" as one word: I can not wait to dig deeper into what engineering is and I think that Cornell is the perfect place for me to do that.

Attending Cornell, and learning under and alongside with some of the brightest minds in the world, is the best way for me to get started on this track to making a difference.

Home / Undergraduate / cornell essay, interest in engineering