Cornell Supp. School of arts & sciences (evolving into a businessman)

mikedogg90 3 / 6  
Would anyone help me check for any grammar mistakes as well as shortening? Suggestions and advice are welcome
College of Arts and Sciences:

Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study. Rd2

Living in a family bound to an entrepreneurial company, I've always seen myself as evolving into a businessman. Because modern society is sculpted, in part, by business decisions, I feel drawn to explore gain a fuller understanding of their value in my life. My career aspirations started in elementary school where I sold vibrantly wrapped Japanese candy, to my classmates for enormous profits. Though I was disciplined by the principal and forced to retire the venture, without contempt, I continued to pursue my goals outside of school. Started by my father and mother, I've watched Waterfront Container Leasing Co., Inc. grow from a five thousand dollar loan to a multi-million dollar establishment that leases and sells marine cargo equipment to ocean carriers worldwide. During it's ascension, I accompanied my parents on countless trips and to meetings in over thirty countries on six continents, allowing me to observe the quintessential business ethics the occur between buyer and seller. Not only did I begin to shape the prospects of my career, but also was able to immerse myself in a multicultural experience that made me realize the importance of globalization and its correlation with the subsequent world of business.

In my recent summers, I spent weeks interning at Waterfront Co., Inc., where I learned everything from data entry to filing reports on inventory of containers and parts through an auditing process. Though my role in Waterfront was comparably tiny to the rest of the workforce, I was able to observe and learn how a business operates in sales, accounting, operations, and logistics departments. In the course of my training, I had the opportunity to sit in on a number of Board meeting where directors discussed the company's current dilemmas, strategies and progress of expansion.. These experiences were invigorating.

Last July, I attended the Talented Youth Program hosted at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology. The program was taught by professors from the top business universities in Asia. Employing the Socratic method, the teachers helped me to think critically when it came to contemporary issues, the analysis of introductory game theory, as well as technology in deference to human nature without the boundaries of right and wrong. Using these acquired skills, I hope to continue my passion for this field of study and utilize the diversified networks of Cornell to excel in my career.

Upon opening the Cornell prospectus, I immediately recognize the four main reasons that make Cornell the place I absolutely want to be at. With over a hundred courses taught at the Department of Economics alone, Cornell is a Mecca for intellectuals that pride themselves on their business acumen. Studying with distinguished faculty including Professor Kaushik Basu, who was awarded India's highest civil honor for his work is an honor on its own. Opportunities are limitless at Cornell as I hope to take advantage of its many programs offering internships, co-ops, and studying abroad. The natural beauty of the campus and seasonal changes also appeals to this California boy. Stressing globalization in my career, a Cornell alumnus raved over the overarching diversity of the student body and that no matter where you come from, Cornell welcomes everyone. By tying in my prior experiences with the exceptional fit of the Cornell interdisciplinary schema, my ambition is to take full advantage of the university by delving deeper, grasping more, and experience widely while being able to call Cornell University my home. 571/500
Living in a family bound to an entrepreneurial company, I've always envisioned myself evolving into a businessman. Because modern society is sculpted, in part, by business decisions, I feel drawn to explore gain a fuller understanding of their value in my life.

Cool! ---> My career aspirations started in elementary school where I sold vibrantly wrapped Japanese candy, to my classmates for enormous profits.

Upon opening the Cornell prospectus, I immediately recognize the four main factors that make Cornell the place I absolutely want to be.

Home / Undergraduate / Cornell Supp. School of arts & sciences (evolving into a businessman)