'the cosmopolitanism of UK' - Personal statement, economics university in UK

hyperione 5 / 11  
Nothing so difficult as a beginning perhaps the end; so apologize my abrupt start
I want to study economy because of my passion and fondness for research and analysis of the causes.
This fondness allows me, through logic and deduction, to arrive at a conclusion or prediction usually faster then other people. Since i was a child it was simple for me the study scientific and classics subjects thanks to my ability to have a general and schematic vision of the topics.

Having a global vision of the topic and finding the effects of various causes through the logic and deduction determinate also my passions, first of all history, because doubtless is the study of the causes and effects of men s actions . Because of this I think to be suitable to a university in which give importance to the analysis of information and to the logical prediction

Even if the school I attended wasn't based on scientific subjects it had allowed me to open the mind and to see the world at 360 degrees without being influenced by the choices of other people. I am able to reason with my own head and take into account, when i have a problem to resolve, not only the most obvious information, but also less obvious and apparently useless data. Subjects such as ancient Greek and Latin allows me to have a better approach to foreign languages ​​not only thanks to the training done in studying them but also because they are the foundation of almost all European languages​​. The philosophy makes me see the world not only from mine point of view but it makes me understand it trough of the greatest minds that ever existed. The story makes me understand how operate the masses and the individual in society and how their choices affect the course of history itself. My hobbies are chess, because it is a game where you have to predict and anticipate the moves of the opponent, reading and collecting of banknotes and stamps. I have been practicing hockey for 4 years and this has improved my work team ability and my interaction with different people. I also did theater, which has helped me to express myself more clearly and without emotion in front of a large audience. Finally now I'm practicing Muay Thai, a martial art that allows distress myself and to stay calm even in the most difficult situations.

Another reason for wanting to study in your university is that I consider the education UK system better then the Italian an Romanian one. This summer I had the good fortune to spend 2 weeks in London where I had both a scholastic and human wonderful experience . In fact I did a course at British study center. What I loved of the UK is the cosmopolitanism and the multinationals of this country. I also think to be a good candidate because i m easily adaptable to a foreign country indeed as a child I already emigrated from my country of origin, Romania, in Italy and despite of the difficulties of racism and discrimination i was been able to grow in a discreet way and to attend one of the most difficult Italian school address. I passed this test that I think has strengthened my character not only allowing me to be much more easily adaptable but also to understand and fight against racism.

But by a so short description like this you can not understand a person and all his limits and potentialities, because of that I hope I have made you a glimpse of my abilities. I hope to begin an adventure that will take me away from home for 4 long years, an experience that will change my life. I do not deny that im afraid to try to rebuild all the friendships, start a new life, far from home and where no one can help me, forced to grow and perform all the daily activities that at home I delegate to my mother, but in the end, life is one and my fears will never stop me and I'll prove it if you will give me the chance to do it.
OP hyperione 5 / 11  
Thank you very much. what do you think about the general idea?
OP hyperione 5 / 11  
. My hobbies are chess, because it is a game where you have to predict and anticipate the moves of the opponent, reading and collecting of banknotes and stamps.

why hobby singular? My hobbies are chess, reading and collecting.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the cosmopolitanism of UK' - Personal statement, economics university in UK