'Each country should be held accountable for others' - Adelphi essay

breakingRenee 5 / 11  
In order for poverty to be solved each individual must play their part by first getting rid of the "Every man for himself mentality" and help their fellow citizens. I propose that each individual give at least 2.5% of their salary to assist those around them experiencing absolute poverty. Each individual in a community should be held accountable for the welfare of other citizens living in the same community who are unable to support themselves. Each community should come up with an action plan that best targets poverty in that community.

Similarly to the individual the government must also play their part in solving poverty by taking responsibility of all of their citizens. The government should establish a department whose sole purpose is to assist with poverty in the country. By doing this the government will then be able to see directly who in the country is unable to provide for themselves the bare necessities of life and by default need the most help. The government should also establish a law limiting the amount of children an individual can have based on their ability to sufficiently support these children as this too will greatly affect the level of poverty worldwide. The government should also set aside a minimum of 4% of total tax collected to assist those people experiencing poverty based on level of poverty being experienced by an individual and to develop emergency housing for persons experiencing extreme poverty. The government should also broadcast programmes about poverty making all individuals aware about the issue of poverty that is being experienced by all countries.

On a global level each country should be held accountable for the individuals living in their country. I also believe that each country should help others by ensuring that no countries poverty level exceeds a certain point. Each country should be held accountable for others and intervene when they see another country falling prey to poverty so as to contain the spread of poverty. If countries experiencing extreme poverty were recognized and assisted this would also help the problem of poverty. The United Nations should also establish a policy that in every country individuals should have access to clean water, education and land suitable for cultivation so that they can provide for themselves. Every nation should take responsibility for other countries as the welfare of one affects all the others.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
In my country The reader does not know what country you are from.

In order for poverty to be solved State that there are many different approaches to ending poverty, maybe give a few examples. Then go on to explain exactly what YOUR plan would be if you could reduce poverty. It is a nice idea that everybody share their money with the poor, but unfortunately there are individuals who are very much opposed to this.

The government should establish a department whose sole purpose is to assist with poverty in the country. We call this assistance "welfare" in America.

The government should also establish a law limiting the amount of children an individual can have based on their ability to sufficiently support these children as this too will greatly affect the level of poverty worldwide. Doesn't China have a policy like this? I am not sure if this sounds like a solution.

The government should also set aside a minimum of 4% of total tax collected to assist those people experiencing poverty based on level of poverty being experienced by an individual and to develop emergency housing for persons experiencing extreme poverty. This sentence is confusing. You are being vague here, expand on your 4% idea.

Every nation should take responsibility for other countries as the welfare of one affects all the[i] others.[/i]
This is very idealistic, keep focusing on real, creative solutions.

This essay still needs work, you are off to a good start! Remember that your paper is a reflection of yourself.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Each country should be held accountable for others' - Adelphi essay