"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life"

rhk2rhk 1 / -  
Please provide a Personal Statement regarding how your academic achievements, personal interests, and life experiences have helped prepare you to succeed academically and to be an active member of the UC community.

Mohammed Ali once said that, "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." As a child I always had big ideas, but I was never able to take that extra step, that risk, to make that idea become reality. My parents were always extremely supportive of my ideas and they also taught me to take that extra step that I was withholding from myself. When I came up with the idea of designing a small laptop in 8th grade I took that idea and turned the design into reality. It was not enough to just design the laptop, but I also wanted to take the risk of sending it to a major company, HP. I took that risk and turned it into reality. It was a life changing experience because I was able to experience what Mohammed Ali was saying; I was able to bring up the courage and take an extra step in life. I carried this with me throughout my high school career, taking that extra step of taking the IB Diploma Program to stand out among my peers. I go into every class with confidence and prepared to do my best. I created a goal of wanting to become a doctor and right now I am taking a risk to help turn that dream into reality. With dreams and the confidence to make them come true, I will bring ambition to the UC community.

Thank you for Editing and Revising,
Raj Kapadia
PS: This is for the University of Cincinnati and the word limit is 250
JJlu 5 / 9  
Some minor corrections recommended:

As if it was not enough to just design the laptop, but I also wanted to take the risk of sending it to a major company, HP.

With dreams and the confidence to make them come true, I will bring my ambition to the UC community.
I'm going to take out the word "but" and use a semi-colon:
It was not enough to just design the laptop; I also wanted to take the risk of sending it to a major company, HP. --- "Take the risk of" does not really work here. What did you risk? If you specify the risk, it might be better:

"taking the risk of having to experience rejection, I sent it to..."

Your theme is great. It proves something about your insight.

Home / Undergraduate / "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life"