"And here is the courtyard." -What don't you know?--BROWN

anchanado 2 / 6  
I'm not really sure if this answers the question but here it is:

French novelist Anatole France wrote: "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't." What don't you know?

"And here is the courtyard." I listen closely as my mom introduces me to the different aspects of her medical college, elements from her past. As she fondly takes me down each hallway and into each classroom, I realize what this place means to her. To her, Tirulveli Medical College was not just a place she spent six years of her life, it was a train transporting her to the next station of her life, and that train was filled with some of the best memories of her life.

]"Look at the dorms. See how small they are? Yeah, four of us had to fit in here." With her head filled with nostalgia, she tells me how each room, professor, and classmate impacted her life. She tells me how her favorite class was pathology and how she almost decided to be a pathologist. She remembers how her favorite professor, Dr. Venugopal, was so dedicated that he stayed overnight with the on-call team to teach them how to read complex EKGs. Her eyes start to fill with tears as she remembers all of her good experiences.

I hope someday my life will be filled with such enchanting experiences. Who will be my Dr. Venugopal? Where is my Tirulveli Medical College?
Now, as I sit and think about my future, I wonder what I will be showing and telling my kids years from now. Would I be giving them a tour of my medical school? If so, which medical school? Even though these questions remain unanswered, there is one thing I am certain of: my own career in medicine. I know that medicine is something I will pursue, but whether it is at Brown or any other university, only time will tell.

So, will I have a loving husband, twin boys, and a dog named Rover all before I'm thirty? Who knows, but that is the fun in life: not knowing what the future holds.
lk0124 3 / 3  
What is the word limit and what is the word count you have? I think you have a great approach but you can relate it a little more to the prompt.
OP anchanado 2 / 6  
theres a 500 word limit and i'm at like 365.

Home / Undergraduate / "And here is the courtyard." -What don't you know?--BROWN