"I am creative" - MY GRAPHIC DESIGN ADMISSONS ESSAY

mcghee93 1 / -  
I am seeking an associate of applied science degree in graphic design. The reason that I am interested in this program is because I am creative and I also can think outside the box. While in high school I have designed flyers and also worked with computer software programs such as, GIMP, and Photoshop, which I enjoyed. I like how the software program was fun and gave me freedom to express my creative thoughts. Your aim as a graphic designer is to create something that is pleasing to the eye, and gets the attention of the viewer. But things can't just look cool. They have to work as well. With this degree I feel like I have more opportunities in being successful. I am ready to put my creative mind to use, that's why I have chosen to further my education at the Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham. The learning will be my responsibility and I have no problem in working hard in towards reaching my goal.
Be efficient with the information-giving:
I am seeking an associate of applied science degree in graphic design. The reason that I am interested in this program seeking associate of applied science degree in graphic design is ...---Also, use the exact name of the degree as they offer it, and capitalize it.

because I am creative and I also can think outside the box. these mean the same thing. And if you are really creative, you do not need to use a cliche, like 'think outside the box.'

Your My aim as a graphic designer is ...

This essay is pretty strong! However, I think you need something to be passionate about. Show that something is very important to you... it is not enough to say you are creative, etc. Replace that creativity part with some expression of an ideal that is close to your heart. The reader will know you are creative based on the way you explain what is important to you in life and why it relates to graphic design.

:-)
ayotal 3 / 7  
I think it is good, but a little boring. It gives the information, but little else. Also, your use of the word "creative" multiple times throughout your essay is repetitive. Pick up a thesaurus and find a different word/words. I guess what I'm saying is to give your essay a voice: something that is uniquely you.

hth
May GOD'S Blessings and Favor be upon you, your family, and your situation forever.

Home / Undergraduate / "I am creative" - MY GRAPHIC DESIGN ADMISSONS ESSAY