("Creative thought matters" / "Diversity") - Skidmore College

huyenle 1 / -  
In brief, why do you feel that Skidmore is a good match for your academic and personal goals?
"Creative thought matters" - through this motto, I understand that Skidmore is the most suitable environment for me to develop my ability. As an adventurous person, I don't like repeated and old things but always try to think in a new and creative way. Therefore, I traveled a lot during my gap years. Skidmore programs are numerous and so attractive to me. By those programs in Beijing, London, Paris, Madrid, Alcala, etc, I can widen my knowledge of cultures and history and study new things to improve and inspire my creative ability. In addition, the internship opportunities will offer me many benefits to gain real experience for my future jobs.

Skidmore College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive community. Please share a personal experience from which you gained a greater understanding of the value of diversity OR describe what you are seeking in a diverse campus community.

I was born in Hanoi, grown up in a family of which the father comes from Hue and the mother from Hai Duong. My father and my mother used to live in Germany for 3 years and met each other there. I am very proud that I can understand all pronunciation from 3 domains of Vietnam and their different traditions. Besides, my parents usually tell me their stories about German culture which inspires me the idea of being a global citizen. In a diverse campus community, I wish to learn other languages, understand other customs as well as religions so that I can easily travel to wherever I want. Especially, I consider it an opportunity to introduce me as well as Vietnam to international friends.

Please share an example of an instance when you feel creative thought really did matter. (Feel free to draw upon history or your own experience

"It must be something related to IT, our class' name" - we were discussing how to decorate our camp in the school day.

"Apple?"
"No, it is not an iStore"
"Window?"
"No, it must be IT Ams, not a Microsoft's product"
"Why don't we make our own computer?" - An idea suddenly appeared in my mind.
Then, we decorate our camp like a PC with the keyboard made from the foam that was collected in trash ground and repainted. And the camp looked like a computer screen with every icon on desktop was a picture of a class' member. I suggested my friends to program some easy games to perform our ability as well. That huge computer impressed everyone and led us to the most wanted class of the year.
anpan 4 / 8  
For the first question, perhaps you should briefly relate it to what you plan on majoring in. (unless you are undecided)
through this motto, I understand that Skidmore is the most suitable environment for me to develop my ability ability in what?

In the second question it felt as if you've answered both of the questions, when it asks you to either answer the first or second. So I suggests focusing more on your ethnic background and how it's proves that diversity is important, not how it affects you.

Lastly, I suggest you analyze more on the experience. From that experience, why you think creativity is important? State your opinions rather than expect the reader come to their own conclusion.

Hope that helped. Good luck!
...through this motto, I understand that Skidmore is the most suitable environment for me to develop my ability.---Ability to do what?

As an adventurous person, I don't like repeated and old things, but always try to think in a new and creative way.

What type of future job, for example?

--------------------------------------------

I was born in Hanoi, and raised in a family in which the father comes from Hue and the mother from Hai Duong.

My father and my mother used to live in Germany for 3 years and met each other there.

Besides, my parents usually tell me their stories about German culture which inspires in me the idea of being a global citizen.
--------------------------------

Then, we decorate our camp like a PC with the keyboard made from the foam that was collected in the trash ground and repainted.

And the camp looked like a computer screen, and every icon on the desktop was a picture of a class' member.---Awesome idea!

I suggested that my friends to program some easy games to show our ability as well.

:)

Home / Undergraduate / ("Creative thought matters" / "Diversity") - Skidmore College