cross-cultural differences in pictorial metaphor in advertisements:Iran and western

shakiba 1 / -  
Recent studies have suggested that with the development of economy, politics, and culture, advertisements play a significant role in public areas and even in private. It should be then underlined that advertisements provide an excellent corpus for investigating more closely the phenomenon of pictorial metaphor which is poorly investigated in front of verbal metaphor. Accordingly, the present study sets out to investigate the cross-cultural differences in Iran and Western countries TV commercials. To achieve this aim, this study capitalizes upon some pieces of TV commercial broadcasted in Iranian and Western channels. Moreover, to analyze the data; Barthes'(1986) model was taken as our point of departures. The result of the study is indicative of rather sharp differences between Iran and Western TV commercials in terms of using pictorial metaphor. The observed differences were ascribed to the cultural differences of Iran and western countries.

hi every one please edited it for me and leave comments.and introduce any useful material.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
that the role of advertisements

I omitted "of" in this sentence. Sorry

Home / Undergraduate / cross-cultural differences in pictorial metaphor in advertisements:Iran and western