CSF tutoring endeavor - common app short answer

namibest 3 / 11  
Evaluate an extracurricular or work experience. 150 words max. Thank you for any help. Are there any words I can cut or sentences I can shorten because I am over the word limit? Once again thank you.

Having been in CSF since Freshman year and hearing about an upcoming tutoring component because of the huge rift between the scores of Honors/AP and Prep students, I decided to become more involved so I ran for Treasurer Sophomore year. The past officers instead choose me as President. At first I struggled with leading a club in which I had never worked with the advisor and officer team before and balancing out being President of FBLA, but I soon found my rhythm. I held officer and general meetings bi-weekly and officer socials for the team to bond and plan out the tutoring program. The program was held once a week with very few students attending and CSF members tutoring until an algebra teacher, who a majority of her class was failing, requested CSF tutors to come to her class. After her students took the next test, every single one passed. The teacher recommended CSF to the administration and the program received publicity. Now CSF holds tutoring events twice a week with the room packed each time; the amount of kids who were in danger of failing has decreased dramatically.
littlechef 10 / 33  
Having been in CSFA CSF member since Freshman year and hearing about an upcoming tutoring component because of the huge rift between the scores of Honors/AP and Prep students (either omit this or shorten it; the sheer length of this part confuses the readers from focusing on the main point of this sentence) , I decided to become more involved so I ran for Treasurer Sophomore year. The past officers instead cho ose me as President. At first I struggled with leading a club in which I had never worked with the advisor and officer team before and balancing out beingmy responsibilities as President of FBLA, but I soon found my rhythm. I held officer and general meetings bi-weekly and officer socials for the team to bond and plan out the tutoring program. The program was held once a week with very few students attending and CSF members tutoring until an algebra teacher, who (with a majority of her class was failing) , requested CSF tutors to come to her class. After her students took the next test, every single one passed. The teacher recommended CSF to the administration and the program received publicity. Now CSF holds tutoring events twice a week with the room packed each time; the amount of kids who were in danger of failing has decreased dramatically.

---------------
If you still have room, you should discuss what you have learned from this experience. I would guess that the AO's would want to have both a brief summary and the lessons you learned from your extracurricular activity.

Home / Undergraduate / CSF tutoring endeavor - common app short answer