'A cultural center for college students' - Why Boston University?

shadiali 3 / 5  
Students consider many different factors when applying to college. Briefly discuss who or what influenced your decision to apply to Boston University:

Throughout my college search, I've tried to focus on schools that could further my goal of some day becoming a physician. Of the things that worried me about the process, the amount of time it takes to get a degree in medicine has been a major issue. As a result, I've taken a particular interest to 7- and 8-year B.A./M.D. programs. The Liberal Arts/Medical Education Program provided by Boston University is one of my main reasons for applying. To some, a program of this sort might appear to be restrictive, preventing a prospective student from trying out various courses and trying to find their place. I feel though that I know where I want to be, and that a program like this shows me how to get there.

Boston is about a four-hour drive from New York City, the only home I've ever known. I love this city with all my heart, but after so many years, I feel like I need some change. New York City moves to fast for me at times, to the point where it can be rather overwhelming. People are always so busy and tired, and that combination makes many of them inclined to be irritable, and at times even rude. From what I know about Boston, it is also a large city when compared with New York. However, it does not move as fast, which perhaps could give me the chance to look around, and even interact with those around me.

Along the same vein, I feel that there would be no better place for a college student, fresh out of their home, than Boston. I grew up in a neighborhood called Astoria, which is one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the country. Consequently, I would not feel comfortable leaving my home if I was going to live somewhere lacking in diversity. I don't think this can be said about Boston, which is practically a cultural center for college students. With so many universities in the area people come in from all over the country. It's for this reason that I feel that the environment around Boston University is one in which I can grow, learn, and mature, all away from home.
nevabressler - / 20  
and that this program will help me to get there.

New York City moves too fast for me at times,...

I really like how you ended this!

Neva
Wow, great essay. No mistakes. I hope you do well at BU!
dhruvsharma 3 / 8  
New York City moves too fast for me at times
arghuman82 5 / 13  
my essay seemed way similar and i posted a little before you >.>
r991183878 6 / 19  
I really like this essay, you are straight forward and you clearly show interest in the city, the environment, and the academic programs offered.

Good luck!
chickpig 9 / 26  
Not bad. It is a convincing essay and an interesting read.
OP shadiali 3 / 5  
er arghuman i posted that on november 30...

Home / Undergraduate / 'A cultural center for college students' - Why Boston University?