Culture & Beauty of Portland/ Small Classes; Lewis & Clark Supp- How & Why?

danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Hi everyone, this supplement is due TOMORROW so I would deeply appreciate any comments and feedback! If you need help on any essays, let me know and I will be glad to help :)

1. How did you first learn about Lewis & Clark?

During the summer, I watched a short documentary on Portland and I was immediately attracted to the culture of the city-Voodoo's Doughnut shop, the Portland Art Museum, and the Rose Garden. I decided to look into schools in the area. Through an online search, I found immediate interest in Lewis & Clark College.

2. In approximately 250 words, please provide a statement reflecting on your interest in enrolling in Lewis and Clark College.

After transitioning from a small high school to a large university, I knew that I wanted to pursue a small community once again. Not only does Lewis & Clark College offer a small student body, but also a curriculum that connects theoretical knowledge with hands on opportunities, such as project-based learning, international programs, and clubs. Embodying this principle, I hope to refine my Italian, and apply my knowledge of the language through Lewis & Clark's study abroad program.

Most importantly, Lewis and Clark's beautiful, green campus offers the intimacy that I want from a school. Yet, it's close proximity to the city of Portland offers a variety of internships and job opportunities that correlate with L&C's academics.
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Hi Alexandra! Thanks so much for your feedback. Do you think the second one is ready to submit, with your corrections? Is there anything I can add to it or change about it? Do you think it sounds good? Let me know :)
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
It looks good to me. The only things you could consider adding are why you value hands-on learning as much as you do, and specific courses or clubs you are interested in.
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
Great, thanks! do you think these added sentences are good, or should I just keep it how I had it?

After transitioning from a small high school to a large university, I knew that I wanted to pursue a small community once again. Not only does Lewis & Clark College offer a small student body, but also a curriculum that connects theoretical knowledge with hands on opportunities such as project-based learning, international programs, and clubs. Embodying this principle, I hope to refine my Italian and apply my knowledge of the language through Lewis & Clark's study abroad program.

Most importantly, Lewis and Clark's beautiful campus offers the intimacy that I want from a school. Yet, its close proximity to the city of Portland offers a variety of internships and job opportunities that correlate with L&C's academics. I am highly interested in joining Lewis & Clark's "Palatine Hill Animal Defense" club. Through the volunteer opportunities that are associated with the club, such as helping at animal shelters and the Oregon Zoo, I am positive I will receive the best education both in and out of Lewis & Clark's curriculum. I look forward to representing L&C as an alumni in my future endeavors.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
I like the additions, and I think your essay looks great!
OP danimeep 8 / 25 2  
wow, thanks you!!! i appreciate your help SO much!

Home / Undergraduate / Culture & Beauty of Portland/ Small Classes; Lewis & Clark Supp- How & Why?