No: Culture / Creativeness Communication - Topic Ideas for Issue of importance essay

mheezy 1 / -  
I have had some trouble selecting a topic of my essay. This is the prompt.

Choose and issue of importance to you-the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope-and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

I haven't been able to focus on one topic and give main ideas for them. I would just like to be pointed in the right directions with any of my topics. If you can give any main ideas to any of these topics would be greatly appreciated. Your two cents are worth millions here.

Topic 1. Lack of Culture in our society
I.Television/Media
a.Television shows
b.False Idols-how we try to turn everyone that does something good into an immediate idol
c.
II. Education
a.Education is taught to be job training
b.We are not pushed to express ourselves
c.we are only taught what we need to learn for life
III.

Topic 2. Lack of Creativeness
Topic 3. Communication and Social Interaction
I.Facebook/Social Networks
II. Society
a. we are put down when we create or do something that isn't "in"
III.

As you can see some might overlap one another but I really can't focus on one topic. Any and all help is appreciated
cbun05 - / 2  
You might want to put key points from each one then decide from there. They can all be good topics, it just depends on which one you can write about. I don't know how long you have, but don't wait too late.
Lack of Culture in our society

I don't know what you mean by this...

Well, you have a lot of ideas, but none of them seem very solid. You are using abstract concepts. If you said something simple, like... politicians are not making it a priority to give adequate funding for education... that would be specific and clear enough.

You have to make one clear claim, and then argue to support it. Then, explain what someone would say if they wanted to argue against you, and explain why your way of thinking is more correct.

You can't deal in abstract concepts, like creativity, culture, etc. Make a strong argument about one specific issue.

Google this: social issues list

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / No: Culture / Creativeness Communication - Topic Ideas for Issue of importance essay