"Culture and experience" USD SUPP- feedback

R1993 3 / 2  
USD Question: As a Catholic University committed to building a more inclusive community, we value students with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Briefly explain how your unique background and interests will contribute to our community.

As a person of Saudi Arabian nationality, I come from a community very different from the American one. Where I am from, most women wear veils, men wear white robes, and traditions are uncountable. I admire and respect all of my country's traditions, but, in all honesty, I do not apply them all. Even though my attire is very much American/European and my hairstyle is very frowned upon by elder Saudi Arabian women -they simply can not realize that a girl has to have extremely short hair after chemotherapy-, I am still proud of my traditions and try to integrate them into my daily life. I also, without a doubt, have the highest respect for others' traditions. I have been around the world and have met people of various nationalities and ethnicities. I always try to gain as much knowledge of their cultures as I can and introduce them to mine- if they are interested. To me, there is nothing more exciting than sharing details of exotic ways of life.

I have had many life experiences involving illnesses, education, social encounters, and all other fields of life. Also, I have been into culturally foreign homes and have seen how American, British, Spanish, Moroccan, Egyptian, Irish, and Greek families live firsthand. I enjoyed the experiences I had in their homes and the more-than-amazing dishes they served. All in all, I enjoy living in a diverse community and believe it is the key to creating a better future for humanity. I try to gain as much out of diversity and others' experiences as I can. The USD community is filled with all nationalities, which is one of the main reasons why this school strongly appeals to me.
Cannot should be one word:
...cannot realize that ...

... been into inside culturally foreign homes and ...

I try to gain as much out of from diversity and ...

Very, very good stuff here. I like your style of thinking and writing. Like you, I am not going to conform to old traditions! But I want to advise you to give some more focus to your intentions, your short term goals. That is most powerful in this kind of essay. :-)

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Culture and experience" USD SUPP- feedback