"How cupcakes helped me grow" - UVA prompt

Sneedae 1 / 3  
Describe one of your quirks and why it is important to you.

Due January 1, a very rough draft.

Recipes are strict, as they require precision, but what isn't written and must be understood is that they also require a purpose. The best kinds of foods are those that are baked with intentions, it is why homemade meals are so beloved. I remember when I was 11 riding my bike down the street to make cupcakes with my friend. Truth is we baked because we enjoyed it. As one would imagine the "gifts" of our pastime that we bestowed upon relatives was subpar at best. Six years later, I can be seen driving down the same street to bake another batch cupcakes, but for a different purpose entirely. I have an overwhelming desire to improve the lives of those closest to me. When school becomes chaotic or friend is feeling down sugar can be the best medicine. Baking for is cathartic, it allows me the opportunity to take a break away from my studies and express my stressful feelings. It is not enough for me to enjoy my creations, as I found out it gives me more pleasure share my joy with others. Over the past six years I have made countless amounts of cupcakes, usually for holidays or for a stress relief during exam time, but now I bake to help sweeten up others lives.
mualla 19 / 92 28  
This supplement is one of a kind. The twist that I really like here is that you do not just say that you like cupcakes but you also how you contribute to others lives positively. This is the key for supplemental essays: to state what you like and what kind of a person you are and then say what you learned from it and how it will help others. Content wise I think it is good.

Some grammar mistakes I found:
Baking for is cathartic,; it allowsgives me the opportunity to take a break away from my studies and feelings of stressexpress my stressful feelings .

Recipes are strict, as they require precision andbut what isn't written and must be understood is that they also require a purpose. (You can still keep yours but I feel like this sounds better because it cuts down unnecessary parts)

... are baked with intentions, which isit is why homemade meals ...

Over the past six years, I have made (...) usually for a holidays or...

Home / Undergraduate / "How cupcakes helped me grow" - UVA prompt