Cuturally diversified India; Umich - Communities

smellybuns 2 / 6  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

Belonging to a culturally diversified nation like India, I owe myself to a myriad of different communities: religious, social and political. But I would rather relate myself as a part of something that is though small but perfect to describe who I am: A Doer.

India being a country in its making, I regularly faced problems such as littered streets, stray cats and disease spreading mosquitoes. We would read about them in our Social studies class, but seldom would we find someone with an actual solution. All we could find were hypocrites. So I, a fellow ninth grader, along with three of my classmates decided to do whatever small we could to improve these conditions, and hence, "The Doers" were born.

But what did The Doers do? Simple. We did whatever we thought was needed to be done: whether it was to clean the colony, feed cows, plant rosemary and marigold flowers in the park or serve food in the local orphanage. As a result, there was more cleanliness and lesser mosquitoes. In return, we were rewarded with the blessings of our elders and the smiles of young children. Some youngsters were so inspired that they insisted to contribute!

This little community that I belong to has not only groomed me but has also made me realize how even I could make a difference in others' lives.

I look forward to being a Doer in college too.
, but seldom would we find someone with an actual solution.

, but seldom would we find someone with any actual interest in solving these problems.

All we could find were hypocrites.

... I wish if you didn't have this line in your answer. It sounds a bit arrogant and as if you point finger at everybody else except you... it can lead to have a wrong impression on you.

Also , India is a vast country... You better be specific in which area or locality you did engage yourselves to make others convinced about what you say.
OP smellybuns 2 / 6  
THANKS DUMI FOR YOUR VALUABLE REPLY!

I was actually referring to my textbooks, so an interest would kinda not fit..

Home / Undergraduate / Cuturally diversified India; Umich - Communities