DAD/ PEY Program; Chemical Eng-UToronto;INSPIRE/EXTRACURRICULAR

Pinkers 1 / 2  
The question: What has inspired you to pursue an engineering degree and why would you like to study at the University of Toronto?
What skills have you developed through your extra-curricular experiences that will support your future success as both a student and an engineer?
Your essay should not exceed 3000 characters (including spaces and punctuation).

As you know U of T is very competitive and I'm really hoping for some help to get this essay up to par... It is around 2000 characters right now, don't know if I should add more...

I was introduced to engineering at an early age through of my dad, who is an electrical engineer working for OPG. My interest in the field flourished in the later years after I discovered my aptitude towards sciences and mathematics, and that the applications of physics and chemistry can be very powerful in solving many of today's problems. I want to pursue a career that makes a difference, and being an engineer allows you first hand influences on the environmental and urban landscape. I aspire to eventually apply the problem solving skills taught at school into alleviating major issues such as water pollution and energy sustainability.

Although my career path lies in science, I believe that my strong background in visual arts will contribute to my success as an engineer. I have always excelled in art at school, and my teachers said that I have a very strong imagination. This to me is essential, because I understand that innovation involves both creativity and logic. I am also very dedicated when it comes to my studies, and I trust that years of piano have taught me a high level of perseverance. I plan to continue applying this skill in a future, both as a student and an engineer.

Chemical engineering involves advanced applications of chemistry and physics, and studying at the University of Toronto would be the best way to develop these skills and realize my potential. The university is known for offering one of the most distinguished engineering programs in Canada. I'm attracted not only by its successful alumni, but also to its Professional Experience Year (PEY) program, which will enrich my education while increasing my employment prospects. I think I will benefit from being in diverse and bustling metropolitan that defines downtown Toronto, and also studying in a simulating environment with minds similar to my own. I am confident that the University of Toronto is ideal place for achieving my goals in becoming an engineer.
android21 10 / 56 20  
I was introduced to engineering at an early age through of my dad, who is an electrical engineer working for OPG(what is OPG?, only use acronyms after you write out the full name ). My interest in the field flourished in the later years after I discovered my aptitude ( sounds like your boasting use a different word which conveys your interest or love for the field) towards sciences and mathematics, and that the applications of physics and chemistry can be very powerful in solving many of today's problems. I want to pursue a career that makes a difference, and being an engineer allows you first hand influences on the environmental and urban landscape.

overall great, but make sure you have a proper reason for going there instead of, "it will provide me a job."
You are a strong writer, I know you can do it!!!!!!!
OP Pinkers 1 / 2  
Thanks! :D
My interest in the field flourished in the later years after I discovered my aptitude towards sciences and mathematics, and that the applications of physics and chemistry can be very powerful in solving many of today's problems.

I feel this is pretty long :)
My interest in the field flourished in xxxxx (specify a period such as high school, sophomore year etc.) after I discovered my aptitude in sciences and mathematics together with my enthusiasm for applications of physics and chemistry.

I want to pursue a career that makes a difference, and being an engineer allows you first hand influences on the environmental and urban landscape.

So I decided to pursue an (???- write your major) engineering career that allows me to influence the environment and urban landscape direct in hope of making a positive change in world.

I aspire to eventually apply the problem solving skills taught at school in to alleviateing major issues such as water pollution and energy sustainability.
OP Pinkers 1 / 2  
Alright thanks, but I've handed it in a while ago

Home / Undergraduate / DAD/ PEY Program; Chemical Eng-UToronto;INSPIRE/EXTRACURRICULAR