UC Davis prompt 1: Mathematics in Every Step

hahatyshka 1 / -  
Can someone give me some feedback or edit my prompt? please!!

Prompt 1:What is your intended major? Discuss how your interest in the subject developed and describe any experience you have had in the field - such as volunteer work, internships and employment, participation in student organizations and activities - and what you have gained from your involvement.

My intended major is Mathematics. For a very long time, I couldn't decide what field I should choose to work in. My interest in this subject began only a while ago. It was after I took calculus two. So, to see if my interest would increase, I decided to take Differentiable Equations. In this class was the first time that I ever saw matrices. I was always excited to solve them because for me it was like playing a game. The matrix reminded me of my favorite game Sudoku. In the game, Sudoku, I had to make each row, column, and box contains numbers from one to nine. Well, solving matrices was somewhat similar but not exact. In order to solve a matrix, I had to make the diagonal would consist of all ones and the lower and upper triangles to consist of all zeros. Well, it was a bit harder than just playing a game but I did not really mind. So, every single time I went to this class, I was always trilled, waiting what else the teacher can show us that can be as exciting as matrices. After this class, I decided that I should take all the possible math classes available to us on our campus and that is exactly what I did. I am found of math because a simple unsolved equation invites me to crack it. Finding new solutions to problems only strengthens my interest in mathematics.

I cannot really say that I never had any experience with mathematics because math is every day in our lives. I use it when planting, cooking, playing music, games and counting money. Also, I had some experience teaching mathematics to my little disabled sister. She has a hard time remembering so it was kind of difficult to teach her. We usually played a game called Monopoly, and I always forced her count all the money. After some time, she was able to add and subtract. I liked looking at her when she got the right answer because her face always shone with excitement and happiness. I could not believe it that helping her understand mathematics would make her very happy. Therefore, I want to help people learn and understand math. Because no matter who this person is, there is always an approach of how one can gain knowledge of mathematics. Consequently, I want to peruse this major because I feel that I am doing something good.

help will be very much appreciated!!!!
Jfils 3 / 8  
My intended major is Mathematics. For a very long time, I couldn't decide what field I should choose to work in. My interest in this subject began only a while ago. It was after I took Calculus II; to see if my interest would increase, I decided to take Differentiable Equations.

I first encountered matrices in this class. I was always excited to solve them because for me it was like playing a game. The matrix reminded me of my favorite game Sudoku. In the game, Sudoku, I had to make sure each row, column, and box contains numbers from one to nine. Well, solving matrices was somewhat similar but not exact. In order to solve a matrix, I had to make the diagonal would consist of all ones and the lower and upper triangles to consist of all zeros. Well,I t was a bit harder than just playing a game but I did not really mind. So, every single time I went to this class, I was always thrilled , waiting what else the teacher can show us that can be as exciting as matrices. After this class, I decided that I should take all the possible math classes available to us on our campus and that is exactly what I did. I am fond of math because a simple unsolved equation invites me to crack it. Finding new solutions to problems only strengthens my interest in mathematics.

I cannot really say that I never had any experience with mathematics because math is every day in our lives. I use it when planting, cooking, playing music, games and counting money. Also, I had some experience teaching mathematics to my little disabled sister. She has a hard time remembering so it was kind of difficult to teach her. We usually played a game called Monopoly, and I always forced her count all the money. After some time, she was able to add and subtract. I liked looking at her when she got the right answer because her face always shone with excitement and happiness. I could not believe it that helping her understand mathematics would make her very happy. Therefore, I want to help people learn and understand math. Because no matter whom this person is, there is always an approach of how one can gain knowledge of mathematics.Reword? Consequently, I want to peruse this major because I feel that I am doing something good.

Try to use better sentence structure, because some parts are difficult to read. You also introduce many new ideas in your conclusion.

Home / Undergraduate / UC Davis prompt 1: Mathematics in Every Step