"a day in the childhood of my father's father" - person from the past Yale

adam2028 10 / 36  
If you could witness one moment in history, what would it be and why?I would spend a day in the childhood of my father's father, who grew up with eight other siblings in Depression-era Mississippi, and who led a life not so different than mine.

If you were choosing students to form a Yale class, what would you ask here that we have not? Who or what do you defer to when you can't find something within yourself and why?
ailibai 8 / 21  
I think your answer to the first question needs to be much more specific. It asks for a moment in history. You need to expand your answer and focus on the why.

I can't tell you what to put for the other two, but for the second, think of something you want them to know that you value. Try to make it a question that reveals something about you, but would also apply to other applicants.
mrhopeful 1 / 1  
For the second one, I think it's simply asking what question do you think should be asked that isn't already there.
For the third one, I think it's asking who/what do you go to for help.

For the first one, try focusing more on the why, like ailibai said. What makes that day more interesting that any other day? Why are you curious about it? What would you learn from it?
OP adam2028 10 / 36  
The third one was my answer to the second one?
nikamonster 9 / 38  
Who or what do you defer to when you can't find something within yourself and why?

i think this is kind of vaguely worded, at least the "when you can't find something withitn yourself" part. are you refering to strength? determination? courage?

but then again, maybe you shouldn't take my advice. my question was rather odd: Name & explain an electronic device that best describes you. Ex: a microwave that catalyzes others to their fullest potentials, a camera that often captures the good in others
OP adam2028 10 / 36  
Thank you so much. I'll think of something

Home / Undergraduate / "a day in the childhood of my father's father" - person from the past Yale