Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'decided to major in computer science' - Commonapp transfer essay

zanzy 3 / 3  
please help edit this essay.thanks

Thomas Jefferson once said "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude". This quote has since motivated me especially when it came to choosing a college. This is because I know a good college choice will help me develop the right mental attitude for my future career. After so many offers from many colleges in and outside my home country, I decided to settle for Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology; one of the best universities in my home country Ghana. It looked like the best option at that time because I was still a teenager, unstable and didn't want to sacrifice the security I felt in my home country but most importantly the comfort of being close to my family and friends, because I knew these factors would motivate me study with a peaceful mind. I decided to major in computer science there. It was when I did an attachment after my 3rd semester that I realized I was lacking behind and technology was growing dynamically and I needed the foreign exposure to move with this dynamic world and this led me to fill out this application.

I know it is never too late to correct wrong.it was in this light that I wanted to continue at a college abroad, particularly in the USA because it was one of the countries with state of the art technology, since technology is a relevant factor for success in my chosen major. I would gain a wealth of experience that would allow me to tackle the intellectual and personal challenges of adapting and succeeding in this global world. The lack of opportunity, diversity and study abroad opportunities in my current college will also be solved by the study abroad opportunities in the states. Also the educational mythologies in USA especially the hands- on- learning in most colleges will make studying so much fun, practical and would be a plus for me in the real world. I am dedicated to pursuing my education while gaining a wealth of experiences to shape how I interact with the world around me. I am more than willing now to sacrifice the security of being close to home, the comfort of being around friends and family, I believe I can cope since am older, stable and more experienced than I was 3 semesters back and most importantly I believe I would be more relevant to my friends, family and society as a whole after my study abroad.

Home / Undergraduate / 'decided to major in computer science' - Commonapp transfer essay