Why I decided to try in school - AIF Waterloo; tell anything else about yourself

howardturtle 2 / 3 2  
AIF ADMISSION QUESTIONS

The point I'm trying to convey is that I only tried in school for Waterloo's computer science program, and every other program is easy for me to get into. This is true, however, I'm scared that the reader will get the wrong idea or something.

As for the "which was what I was doing during the beginning of the semester", I outlined my problems in the previous question, which I also posted on this website, and it would be really helpful if you could take a look at that too because my answers might contradict each other.

Question 4 Additional Information

In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF questions, please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like us to know when we review your application. Please make sure to complete all sections of the AIF before submitting this page. (900 character limit)

Honestly, I could slack off and go to any other computer science program in Ontario, but I don't, and that's because I never take the easy way out. I always pursue the highest achievable goal, and right now, it would be to study computer science at Waterloo. That's why I'm currently trying my best academically rather than taking the lazy way out, which was what I was doing during the beginning of the semester. It's clear that I really want to study computer science at Waterloo. My reason being that Waterloo has the country's highest concentration of computer science researchers, has the world's largest co-op program, and has been the country's most innovative university for twenty-seven years. Taking all of this into account, I believe that Waterloo is the best school to achieve my goal of working for a FANG or similar company. It's worth putting in the extra effort.
bloopbloopbloop - / 1  
By outlining that "Waterloo has the country's highest concentration of computer science ...", you're just repeating information that the admission officer will most likely already be aware of. Try replacing that will more evidence that supports your claims of you not being a slacker.
theone2020 2 / 3  
For that section, I recommend you explain an special experience you had like SHAD or FIRST Robotics. Do not put generic phrases or anything that may be misunderstood. It is better to be humble because you do not want to seem arrogant/overconfident. Good luck on the application though. Waterloo is great.
You need to write a new supporting statement. It is alright to brag, in a less direct manner in the statement, provided you actually have something to brag about. At this point, there really isn't anything indicated in your statement that will prove that you can slack off and get into school of your choosing. Instead, I would like you to focus on proving that you are some sort of "genius" as you implied in this version, by showing off one highly notable accomplishment that you believe the reviewer should know about. Why? Simply because proving that you are some sort of savant in this field that the university would be foolish to not admit into the student community. That would make for a more effective response than this self serving without proof statement.

Home / Undergraduate / Why I decided to try in school - AIF Waterloo; tell anything else about yourself