"decision to change schools" - common app additional info response

eyitskat 1 / 2  
so this is the section on the common app that i can provide additional info on myself. i wrote my essay on a different thing but i wanted to provide an explanation for why i changed schools and redid my junior year because i didnt do good. i really want to go to bentley but my gpa alone will def not get me in so im thinking if i push for an interview and do early decision maybe ill have a chance cuz its like what 60% i think if u do early decision? what do you think? im improving my grades a lot and i do community service and extra curricular activities and clubs. this is just a roguh draft. feel free to add what you think the admissions people would think is silly because i want them to know i am serious.

My decision to change schools was the best decision I ever made for myself. I knew I was not headed down the right path for academic success and wanted to take control of my academic future. I wanted to better myself and be given a chance to shine. I wanted to be around students who care about their work and use that to help me gain confidence to emulate it. Stoneleigh Burnham gave me that chance and since my transfer, I have gained so much as a student when it came to doing homework and good study habits. I never in my life have felt so accomplished in school and am continuing to grow everyday as a student. As a person I learned the payoff of a job well done and the confidence to ask for help. I no longer want to just be another face in the crowd but want to stand out as an intelligent individual and not be embarrassed to do so. I learned that school is not a place to feel uncomfortable and Stoneleigh gave me the confidence to reach for what I believed was unreachable. Marketing is where I see myself in the future and I believe that Bentley University will give me the correct foundation I need and the opportunities that I desire to fulfill my dream of being a successful, strong woman in the business world. I want to beat the odds that are against me and drive forward to give myself a bright future. I have a creative and unique outlook on life and a determination that no one can break. I know that I am ready to show you what I can accomplish and would really love the opportunity to show you what I can do.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
This comes out of the blue. Tie it in with the rest of your essay.

You say that you have learned so much from your new school but there are no examples at all. I do not feel that you are a special candidate because of this.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
I agree. If the focus of this optional essay is your decision to change schools and what you got out of that, stay with that, offering more details.

Home / Undergraduate / "decision to change schools" - common app additional info response