"On deck, Balcony Starz Rated R" -college essay for UF!

kayla0524 1 / 1  
" On deck, Balcony Starz Rated R" said the announcer over the roar of the anxiously awaiting crowd. At this time our hearts were racing and our adrenaline pumping ; we knew that we were the next team to take the floor. My cheerleading team had been pushing through a tough season of second place losses and this was our last chance to pull off a win. Nine seniors on our team would be gone in less than 24 hours and so we wanted it even more for them.

Running out onto the floor, the fans are loud, the lights are flashing, the music is thumbing, and when the lights came on it's game on. I am set in position with my head down gripping my flyer for when our music turns on. So many emotions and thoughts are running through my head. We have 2 minutes and 30 seconds and one night only to show the judges that we have what it takes.

Unfourtunately, my team and I walked away with third place. Just to know that the season before we won multiple competitions and for this season not to win any, the feeling is overwhelming. This experience has truly taught me that you win some and you lose some, but do not retrace them ; just move on and quickly erase them. Win or lose, life is going to move on, so the only thing I can do is hold my head high. I strongly believe that I have the strength to survive in the " Gator Nation". I have the school spirit and selfless service that would take me through many productive years at the University of Florida, because behind my academic dreams is a growing young woman who is trying to succeed and looking for the school to bless me with the oppourtunity !
"On deck, Balcony Starz Rated R" said the announcer over the roar of the anxiously a waiting crowd.

At this time our hearts were racing and our adrenaline pumping; we knew that we were the next team to take the floor.

Nine seniors on our team would be gone in less than 24 hours,and so we wanted it even more for them.

Running out onto the floor, the fans are loud, the lights are flashing, the music is thumping , and when the lights come on it's 'game on'!

I am set in position with my head down, gripping my flyer for when our music turns on.

Unfortunately , my team and I walked away with third place.

Just knowing that the season before we won multiple competitions and for this season not to win any, the feeling was overwhelming.

This experience has truly taught me that you win some and you lose some, but do not retrace them; ---Make sure to always put punctuation just after the word, with no space between.

...and looking for the school to bless me with the opportunity!

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)
OP kayla0524 1 / 1  
Thank you so much :)

Home / Undergraduate / "On deck, Balcony Starz Rated R" -college essay for UF!