Dedicated to Computer Science/Threads curriculum/ Practical Sense; Why Georgia Tech?

kds9895 1 / 1  
This is what I have so far. It is 200 characters over the 1000 limit, so it would be great if you could tell me what to cut. Also I have yet to add what I will contribute to the campus.

As an aspiring computer science major, I was very excited to learn about Georgia Tech's College of Computing. The fact that Georgia Tech has an entire college dedicated to computing available to undergraduates largely separates it from the other top-computing institutions in the country. The ever-accelerating innovation of technology has sparked my curiosity ever since I was young, and I was elated when I came across the mission statement of the College of Computing. At Georgia Tech, I will be able to delve into interdisciplinary work that incorporates innovation in computing with all facets of life. I am excited about the emphasis Georgia Tech places on applying technology to create real world impact and improve societal problems. I can't wait to take advantage of the practical engineering which is cherished at Georgia Tech. I will experience engineering in its most practical sense as I take advantage of the College of Computing's close partnership with huge industry names in the Atlanta area that bring real-world problems, and data for undergraduates to study. Finally, I cannot wait to take advantage of the Threads curriculum which will allow me to personalize a course of study according to my interests.

It would be awesome if I could get a response by today!! I have to send it today.

Thanks
danimeep 8 / 25 2  
I think you have a well written short essay. However, in the beginning, I think you tend to define Georgia Tech's College of Computing, instead of elaborate on why it's great for you. You do a great job once you begin diving into what you will learn from the College of Computing and what you are excited for, but I think that should be the beginning of the essay since you only have less than 1000 characters. I would cut out "The fact that Georgia Tech has an entire college dedicated to computing available to undergraduates largely separates it from the other top-computing institutions in the country" or at least make it less wordy! Hope this helps!

xx
OP kds9895 1 / 1  
Thank you so much!, I tend to be wordy all the time, haha

Home / Undergraduate / Dedicated to Computer Science/Threads curriculum/ Practical Sense; Why Georgia Tech?