So much more than deep dish pizzas.... U of C supplement. Why U of C?

ItsokaytoGaga 15 / 96  
I'm an international student. So guys tell me whatever you feel about the essay. :) Thank you for reading and spending time on it.
Its around 590 words. Do I need to shorten it? It says one or two paragraphs..
So here goes...

Prompt:
Question 1. How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to Chicago.

Essay:
It's red! It's fierce! It's awesomely eccentric! No, I am not talking about Lady Gaga or her meat dress at the MVA.

I have questions. I've always had the questions. But not many answers. The moment I find the answers I have a new question. So much to the effect that it gets a little frustrating when I'm ravaging my brain fluids over something for hours and not get an answer. Sometimes I feel that people perceive me as a little abnormal. That doesn't stop me though.

Don't we all want answers? There is so much I don't know and a lot I want to know. Perhaps that is why I consider the University of Chicago as the best to find answers (And I think I have exhausted myself of finding X too!).

What appeals to me about UChicago is its charged academic atmosphere. The Goth architecture and the lush green campus enunciate the intellectual fervor. What is interesting is that UChicago students are so quirky and informed. They have so much going on about them. It's amazing to read their posts on the Uncommon Blog. I wish that someday I can be among such people who share such passionate interests and with whom I can share my thoughts and ideas in classroom and beyond.

However, the strongest feature of UChicago, I feel, is its Core Curriculum. Many colleges offer a core curriculum, but are a little lackluster in comparison to the one offered by U of C. Such a diverse selection of courses; I never thought that it could be possible to study the works of Homer and Aristotle, with the Chinese civilization, and learn French while completing a physical education course! The Core is simple ingenious. My desire to improve on my Critical thinking abilities is well served by the U of C's Core. I really look forward to having such an enriching experience.

Having fostered a deep love for Biology I feel the Biological Sciences Collegiate division will permit me to evolve and cultivate my passion towards achieving a future in Biology. I wish to take advantage of the research facilities offer there by the Beckman Scholars Program. The Phoenix Biology Club is something that I look forward to join.

Beside academics, it is imperative as student to enjoy and have fun. UChicago, with its roots anchored in Hyde Park and branches extending and reaching over the Chicago community, is the perfect destination to strike a balance between a rigorous undergraduate experience and a fun college life. Chicago itself is a portal for so many opportunities. With a diverse student body which is hard working and fun loving, I feel that I will definitely find a place at this institution. Perhaps I could start my own student group, or maybe join a few. The U of C community has so much to offer. Otherwise, I shall be happy serving my gluttonous stomach with the multitude of pizzeria's offering the deep dish in vicinity.

So from what I see, U of C represents a nutshell within a nutshell. The U of C campus nested in the Hyde Park nutshell is part of the bigger community of Chicago. UChicago is a place where I wish to grow as a person as well as an intellectual; make new friends, from around the around the world; establish deep bonds with the people I meet and have fun.

I wishfully hope that maybe someday I will be wearing that awesome red colored sweatshirt to a Phoenix game.

Thanks again guys! :)
OP ItsokaytoGaga 15 / 96  
Wow! I'm sorry! I realized meant maroon instead of red! :O
Please ignore the first sentence and do not think I am colorblind! :P :)
amberisdead 9 / 28  
Yeah i think u definitely need to shorten it! It's way too long to fit a one to two paragraph criteria.

I don't really like your introduction. It doesn't make sense?
other than that i think you are in the right direction!:)

With a diverse student body which is hard- working and fun- loving,

do you mean wistfully?

Take a look at my essays if u're free:)

Home / Undergraduate / So much more than deep dish pizzas.... U of C supplement. Why U of C?