it depends on my mood, time & the setting; Activity/ies for the pleasure?

molecule 2 / 10  
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)

In fact, it depends on my mood, time and most importantly, "the setting". Listening to melodious sounds affects me deeply; it strengthens my belief in hard work and prepares me for the next day. I feel no hesitation in revealing that the chances of finding me engaged in a meditation during unoccupied moments is enormous. I also have an interest for hiking; for me hiking is to go on a place where you feel like on top of the world and close to the nature to maximum amplitude and it has always been an experience of elevation for me.

Besides when I am in mood for some literary touch, I read English novels, mostly the detective ones. ("Murder in Scorpio" is one of my favorites.). I love reading a detective novel while on a journey to my hometown; it's always delightful. Watching movies is also a part of my busy routine life. Most people think they are nothing but a waste of time but in my opinion, they are really helpful in building one's imagination power and creativity.

At times when I really get bored of studying and feel as I am just about to fly in air, I start trying creativity stuff mostly mathematics. (That's specifically how I paved the way for my first mathematics project). In sports, I like playing cricket, soccer and badminton at the school. School life is not all about getting A's; it revolves much around co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In brief, I am not a bookworm and am always willing to do whatever I see INTERESTING.

I am confused about the essay. do they want me to write about a single activity or everything I do for pleasure?
batmankiller 6 / 40  
I think that's a silly question. Not only does it say "something you do for pleasure" but it also says 100 words or fewer. How do you plan on expanding it beyond one idea or thought with that limit?

And your beginning: In fact, it depends on my mood, time and most importantly, "the setting" is awkward and weird transition placement. I'm not sure what the in fact is referring to.
OP molecule 2 / 10  
thats what i anticipated. it was just a draft. thank you batman killer. I must write about hiking indeed.
Give a complete thought at the start:
What I do for the pleasure of it depends on my mood, time available, and, most importantly, the setting.

I feel no hesitation reluctance about admitting the chances of finding me engaged in a meditation during unoccupied moments is enormous.

Do not worry about what they want. :-) What they want you to write is something inspired, so get inspired about a single idea that will be the main idea of the essay.

You ca write about various things you do, but make an observation about yourself. For example, all the things I like to do involve sitting still, so I should force myself to move around vigorously sometimes. Introspection is impressive. It sure would be impressive if all the activities you enjoy were somehow related to your chosen field.
emorris 2 / 20  
It seems as though you're just providing a list of what you like to do. I think the prompt is asking you to talk about what you do for the pleasure of it, which means describe and elaborate, not give a laundry list.

"Listening to melodious sounds affects me deeply; it strengthens my belief in hard work and prepares me for the next day. I feel no hesitation in revealing that the chances of finding me engaged in a meditation during unoccupied moments is enormous."

It's really toeing the line of what is nebulous and what isn't. Eloquence is key in any admissions writing, but you don't want to overdo it.
OP molecule 2 / 10  
THANK YOU SO MUCH KEVIN...

What I do for the pleasure of it depends on mood, time available, and most importantly "the setting". I feel no reluctance about admitting the enormous chances of finding me engaged in a meditation. Among all the junk in my room, there lies my guitar; every midnight, after an exhaustive study, the rhythmic flow of harmonics takes me into a compendious series of visions; it increases my mental faculty to an enormous degree and concludes me to a new question, and a creative idea of implying scientific concepts on human life.

For me this midnight trial is loyalty to my future aspirations but all the things I like to do involve sitting still, so I regularly hike in the morning with my father. I love my two-sided figure for it helps me maintain both my mental and physical equilibrium.

PLEASE READ IT AGAIN, and comment.
OP molecule 2 / 10  
the deadline is quite near friends, i will be grateful for the replies!

If it seems an exaggeration, please don't mind it. Its all true for I am in strong love with physics.
mjellma 6 / 26  
a compendious series
a series :S change the number to both singular op plural

it increases my mental faculty to an enormous degree and concludes me to a new question

These sound akward, Id make them flow more natural if I were you.
Thnx for reading my essay, hope I helped.
OP molecule 2 / 10  
thank you so much, if in any way you think of a natural substitute, do post!
OP molecule 2 / 10  
Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*)(100 words or fewer)

My love for physics comes because of its comprehending nature. Physics, in my opinion, means understanding the phenomena of nature with systematic observation and experimentation, in a broader spectrum of equations rather than generalities.

Modern Physics is the most invigorating subject for me. As a physics' major, I would love to delve into the intricacies of Maxwell's equations and Einstein's theories. The Society of physics at MIT will give me a chance to share my passion with the world's top brains. Ever since I can remember making my name on the basis of research work in physics has been at the top of my ambitions and with such an opportunity in hand, it is not surprising that I will avail it.
emorris 2 / 20  
Instead of "Physics, in my opinion..." try "Physics, to me,..."
It just seems to flow more naturally.

Home / Undergraduate / it depends on my mood, time & the setting; Activity/ies for the pleasure?